Re: Help!!! my saves are GONE

by Sashas0nic

Original Post

Help!!! my saves are GONE

★★★ Newbie

im pretty sure this has to do with origin. i recently live chatted someone who was helping me with a problem i had updating my sims 4 game. i deleted and reinstalled origin and my game was able to update. but now... i cant play any of my saves and im really upset because i havent been able to play sims 4 in a while. so i tried fixing the problem by going on the forums and reading suggestions.. nothing worked!! not a single thing. so i gave up and decided to play sims 3.. only to find out my saves from there are gone too.. idk whats wrong the only thing now i can think of being the problem is origin. 

Message 1 of 5 (278 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You likely deleted the Electronic Arts folder in Documents and with that all your saves for Sims 3+4.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (269 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@jpkarlsen wrote:

You likely deleted the Electronic Arts folder in Documents and with that all your saves for Sims 3+4.

nope everything has been there since i started my computer today. i was playing sims 3 wayy early this morning everything was there :/

Message 3 of 5 (259 Views)

★★ Pro

If you still have your saved games in your Sims 4\saves folder -
[C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves]

It may be the game isn't reading the save files correctly.

Have you tried renaming your saved game file?

To rename your save, remove the version number. - .ver0 or .ver1 by deleting the .ver1 on the end.

For example:
Slot_00000002.save.ver1

Rename it to:
Slot_00000002.save

You may want to give it a different number if you already have a save 2 in your folder. The game should then recognize the save file again.

-- If you have an old auto save file (Slot_00000001.save) it's safe to delete as the game doesn't use it anymore.

If the above doesn't help, Crinrict has some very useful tips on saved games disappearing:

Save Games disappearing
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games-disappearing/
Message 4 of 5 (251 Views)

★★ Pro

Hi @caitidk5125 

A few things, since you've deleted and started over..

Spoiler

There is a step by step here on Clearing Cache Files (you can also move it to the desktop instead of deleting if you want to be on the safe side).

Another idea for you is to to a Clean Boot of your pc.

Then try the following re Saves: 

Spoiler

A good step through at Carls Sims 4 Guide for > Missing Save Games   Also one on finding and working with different game saves, if you need to know how go to Carls Sims 4 Guide for directions on doing that and salvage from an earlier time before moving.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

Message 5 of 5 (242 Views)