Help my game keep crashing

by winterr7456

Original Post

Re: Help my game keep crashing

★★★★★ Novice

So I did I and right when I I start the game play it’s exit the game out again 

Message 21 of 42 (508 Views)

@winterr7456  Alright, given the breakpoint errors in your dxdiag and earlier error message, I think it's time to clean uninstall Sims 4 and Origin, together.  Start by uninstalling Sims 4:

• Put aside your Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts and rename it to something that doesn't include the words "Sims 4."
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Sims 4 from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • Once the game is uninstalled, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • Review the list, in case there's something you want to save; otherwise, click Select All, and then Delete.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, uninstall Origin:

• First, clear Origin's cache.
  • Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Launch Revo again and uninstall Origin, and when it's uninstalled, select "Moderate" again and Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders."  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if you have any other Origin games installed.  (This is where other Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."  When it's reinstalled, download Sims 4; you can just download the base game, to save time, if you want.

Restart after installing and before playing, and allow the game to create a(nother) new user folder rather than reusing your existing one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 42 (497 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i reinstall both and the game still crashing i dont know if i did something wrong or some but it just exited out 

Message 23 of 42 (484 Views)

@winterr7456  Try playing in a clean boot:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

When you reboot, open the Task Manager and shut down any other programs that are not absolutely critical.  Something that says Windows in it is critical; an app you like to have open while playing is not.

If this doesn't help, I'm going to ask for a second opinion, so please run a new dxdiag and attach it to a post for that second opinion to read.

Message 24 of 42 (464 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Message 25 of 42 (448 Views)

@winterr7456  I got that second opinion.  Just to clarify, did you try the clean boot, and did it not help?  It would be the first step to try from here.

If that doesn't or didn't make a difference, please try playing while your computer is offline.  You can sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or disconnect the ethernet cable before pressing Play.

If that doesn't help either, please look for a Sims 4 crash dump.  Click Windows key-R and copy and paste this:

%LocalAppData%\CrashDumps

When you enter, you'll see a list of .dmp files.  If one of them is from Sims 4, please upload it to a third-party filehosting site (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and link it here.

If there is no Sims 4 .dmp file, you can enable them:

• Hit the Windows key, type "command prompt" in the box, right-click on Command Prompt in the search results, and select Run as Administrator
  • In the window, paste "reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\devenv.exe" /v DumpType /d 2 /t REG_DWORD" without the outside quotes into the box, and enter
  • Launch Sims 4 and wait for it to crash (whether you can play at all or not)
  • After it crashes, wait for any crash dialogs to finish
  • Then hit Windows key-R and paste "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" without quotes into the box, and enter
  • Upload the last .dmp file to a free filesharing site and link it here
  • When you want to undo the auto crash log dumps, open Command Prompt as before, paste "reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /f" without the outside quotes, and enter.

During all of this, please continue to use a clean Sims 4 user folder, just so that there aren't any complicating factors.

Message 26 of 42 (430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I uninstalled and reinstalled my game. I took the whole sims 4 folder out. I have plenty of memory and storage left and it still keeps crashing. It doesnt get past the load up screen. I use Mcafee Virus protecton. Im on windows with the latest update installed. And ive  played on this pc before.

Message 27 of 42 (421 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

it only shows my crash from yesterday but i have try offline and it went longer without crashing then online maybe the crash report can tell you something 
 https://www.dropbox.com/s/cha60l6j22egv7b/lastCrash_63749208434.txt?dl=0 tell me if it shows on here 

Message 28 of 42 (407 Views)

@Teeps711  Try disabling McAfee while you play.  If you only open Origin and Sims 4, your computer should be safe.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 29 of 42 (387 Views)

@winterr7456  I'm sorry, but that's not what I asked for.  I need a crash dump, as in, a file that Windows writes when an application crashes.  The lastcrash.txt is not that and doesn't contain the relevant information.

Message 30 of 42 (386 Views)