Help me I can't play!!

by RobynS01

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help me I can't play!!

★★ Novice

Hi, 

I got the sims 4 for Christmas and have built a computer so I can play the game. I've installed drivers and I have origin. It won't let me play the game though. I've tried installing different drivers from a website - no luck, I looked to see if my graphics card was compatible with the game- it it. I have no idea what to do now. Please can someone help me..??

The error message I get is "Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in the system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed. [0e6d1221:df4e8dc:80010000:00000000]

Thank you!! 

Message 1 of 12 (785 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Help me I can't play!!

Champion (Retired)

@RobynS01

If origin starts okay then no, it's usually not a problem with Origin. Okay, if you never been able to start the game then no, changing the folders should not make any difference.

Lol. Please read my tip about the security program again.

Google: "name of security proram" white-list program

Instead of "name of secutiry program" you need to put the name of the security programs you use. If you for example Use Windows Defender and AVG, you google Windows defender white-list program AND AVG white-list program and there should be results on their home-pages on how to do it. If you use other programs, google the same for them. As you built your own computer I guess you know what is in it at least? Standard smile

You could also try this:
https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

View in thread

Message 10 of 12 (698 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@RobynS01

Hi! Please post a DxDiag and I'll check your system:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 12 (782 Views)

★★ Novice

Here it is.... 

Message 3 of 12 (770 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@RobynS01

Your drivers are from 2016 there should be newer ones. Please use the GeForce Experience to find the correct ones as you have an Nvidia card Standard smile

Message 4 of 12 (759 Views)

★★ Novice

/thank you very much. I was able to update my drivers through that.However, when I tried opening the game, all I got was a white screen. I'm completely unable to do anything during this.... 

I've managed to get closer to playing the game but there isn't a dialog box that pops up to prompt me what to do next. Any other ideas...?

Message 5 of 12 (741 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@RobynS01

Hm.. Try opening geforce experience again and use it to optimize the game.

Skärmklipp.PNG

Also make sure your security programs are not blocking ts4.exe. And turn off Origin in-game for testing purposes.

Skärmklipp.PNG

Have you downloaded any mods or cc?

Message 6 of 12 (735 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi again,

I downloaded the "Get to work" expansion pack but that's it. I have turned off origin in game and optimised the game through the GeForce platform. How would I check to see if it's blocking the ts4 thing..?

I tried checking to see if it's worked so far but I still seem to be getting a white screen without any access to anything o my computer so I've had to manually turn it off.

Thank you for all your help so far by the way... I'm very appreciative  Standard smile  

Message 7 of 12 (720 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@RobynS01

You get a white screen but do you also still get the video card message?

Well, it depends on what securty program you have. like, windows defender, and/or something like norton, avast, avg etc.
Google: "name of security proram" white-list program and instructions on how to do it should show up Standard smile

If you only get the white screen and not the message maybe you could do this?

Resetting your files to factory settings.

• Make a backup; copy your The Sims 4-folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to an external drive or somewhere else on your computer, for example your desktop.
  • Rename the The Sims 4-folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_backup
  • Repair the game in Origin
  • Start the game, make a new save, and see if the error is gone. 
    (The game will have created a new The Sims 4-folder in your documents, this is supposed to happen)

• If yes, continue
    • If no, post a reply telling us the error is still there
  • Start putting folders back in the new The Sims 4-folder. Observe! After every file/folder, start the game and make sure it still works, before putting in the next one.
    • Options.ini - your game settings
    • Saves - your old saves. The sub-folders are not needed. If putting these back causes problem, try putting one back at a time.
    • Screenshots
    • Custom music - if you have any
    • Tray - your library objects; like lots, rooms and sims
    • Mods - your mods and cc, might cause problems when putting back

If putting back one of the folders was problematic and you did not work it out, please post a reply and we'll see if we can find what your problem is!

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

Good Luck! Standard smile

Message 8 of 12 (696 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

I don't get a message with it, the screen goes white as if the game is loading but the screen is slightly transparent so I can still see windows that have been opened behind it. I tried putting it in a new folder but that didn't work. Is there a problem with origin..? Do you have recommendations as to where to open it.    I'm not sure if this makes a difference bu I haven't played the game at all. I got it for Christmas and after building my computer I put it in but it came up with the original error message... 

When I type name of security program into google it comes up with weird pages...?

Thank you for all you help Standard smile

Message 9 of 12 (648 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@RobynS01

If origin starts okay then no, it's usually not a problem with Origin. Okay, if you never been able to start the game then no, changing the folders should not make any difference.

Lol. Please read my tip about the security program again.

Google: "name of security proram" white-list program

Instead of "name of secutiry program" you need to put the name of the security programs you use. If you for example Use Windows Defender and AVG, you google Windows defender white-list program AND AVG white-list program and there should be results on their home-pages on how to do it. If you use other programs, google the same for them. As you built your own computer I guess you know what is in it at least? Standard smile

You could also try this:
https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Message 10 of 12 (699 Views)