Re: Help getting graphics card recognized

by EA_Francois

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help getting graphics card recognized

★★★★ Novice

Hi! Yes I know there's tons of topics just like this already, I've done everything I can to avoid asking, and I'm stuck.

I've just set up my (prebuilt) computer. I checked the specs before I bought, and the graphics card I have is very compatible according to this chart, however it's not recognized in the files. I have the AMD Radeon HD 8670D card, but I honestly cannot tell you if it's integrated or dedicated... I followed a couple of tutorials telling me how to find out and I *think* it's integrated?

I have tried already to follow this tutorial to switch which card is used however I cannot follow thru, I cannot get any of these options.

I have followed this tutorial all the way thru, editing the files and checking the results in game, however my results got me worse default settings than the game was giving my card.

Here is what my DeviceConfig is reading (after resetting the files I edited apparently incorrectly)

Any other information you need, let me know what it is and where to find it and I will post asap. I just really need help with this, please and thank you!!

=== Application info ===
Name: Sims3
Version:
Build: Release
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 1 CPU: 4 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 3700 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 4534 RAM: 7364 Adjusted RAM: 6852 Cores: 4
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 7 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
OS prod type: 0
OS major ver: 6
OS minor ver: 1
OS SP major ver: 1
OS SP minor ver: 0
OS is 64Bit: 1
CPU: AuthenticAMD
Brand: AMD A10-6700 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Family: 15
Model: 3
Cores: 4
HT: 0
x64: 0
Memory: 7364MB
Free memory: 5014MB
User: Katie
Computer: KATIE-PC
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): AMD Radeon HD 8670D
Name (database): AMD Radeon HD 8670D [Found: 0, Matched: 0]
Vendor: ATI
Chipset: Vendor: 1002, Device: 990c, Board: 85261043, Chipset: 0000
Driver: aticfx32.dll, Version: 8.17.10.1395, GUID: D7B71EE2-DA4C-11CF-8076-2CA5BEC2C535
Driver version: 1395
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 32MB <<OVERRIDE>>
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1

Message 1 of 5 (2,016 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

I GOT IT!! 

It was in editing the files late last night, a friend was helping me and we both missed something.

She was able to get the DeviceConfig to read Found 0 Matched 1, which I had no idea what that meant, this morning I researched and figured out that it was reading the card in the GraphicsRules file but not the GraphicsCards list. So I checked what she'd added and fixed it, she had added the vendor number instead of the device number!

For anyone else who may have this problem in the future, this is what I added into the card list:

card 0x990c  "AMD Radeon HD 8670D"

And what was added into the GraphicsRules file (you'll need to follow the tutorial to know where to place it)

or match("${cardName}", "*HD 8670D*")

So I just started up the game and checked my DeviceConfig, it now reads

Name (database): AMD Radeon HD 8670D [Found: 1, Matched: 1]

Fixed!! Thank you so much for your help. This was driving me crazy. I can't wait to play now!

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (2,133 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@50bb724ef27cb6f1

Hey there, are you getting an error message or anything? I'd like to help but I haven't had much first-hand experience with hardware issues and TS3.

Ideally, along with the exact error message, please post a full DXDiag. Standard smile

To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, please follow the steps below:

1.  Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
2.  You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
3.  Type dxdiag in the text field
4.  Click OK
5.  If your computer has a 64-bit version of Windows, click the button Run 64-bit DXDIAG (see screenshot below)
6.  If your computer has a 32-bit version of Windows, that button will not be available

64-bit Users will notice the "Run 64-bit DxDiag" button in the bottom-left next to "Help" and should click it once it becomes available.  32-bit Users will not have this as a visible option.

Once you have an open DXDIAG report, there are several pieces of information that are especially helpful in pinpointing the cause of game performance issues:

• The main page of the DXIDAG is the System tab. On the System tab, make a note of what is written next to Operating System, Processor, and Memory. Those three pieces of information are the key components of the System tab.

• Next, click on the Display tab. On the Display tab (seen in the screenshot below) please note the information written next to the word Name. Finally, on the right-hand side of the Display tab is a Drivers heading. Please note what is written next to the word Date.

If you have any trouble reading the DXDIAG file yourself, you can save all the DXDIAG info as a text file and send it to an EA advisor for more assistance.

7.  Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
8.  Save this text file to your Desktop if possible, then go to hastebin.com and copy the contents of the file.

9. Give us the link of the paste in a reply to this thread. Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 2 of 5 (2,003 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I do have 64bit windows 7! Here's what I got:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)

Processor: AMD A10-6700 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~3.7GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Name: AMD Radeon HD 8670D

Date: 6/22/2015 7:08:44 PM

In case I missed something, here's the hastebin link- http://hastebin.com/oyajuwoqic.tex

(I've never used that before, let me know if that didn't work!)

Also. The only error I've gotten is a popup from the game, it says "Warning, Unrecognized Graphics Card; your video card was not found in our database. Your graphics settings have been set as high as possible, but you may wish to reduce them if you are experiencing poor performance."

My DeviceConfig is actually giving the card a high rating, it knows it's a good card, it just doesn't know what it is. So when I go in game, by default, my settings are set to this-

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/29g1x68.jpg[/IMG]

Message 3 of 5 (1,995 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I GOT IT!! 

It was in editing the files late last night, a friend was helping me and we both missed something.

She was able to get the DeviceConfig to read Found 0 Matched 1, which I had no idea what that meant, this morning I researched and figured out that it was reading the card in the GraphicsRules file but not the GraphicsCards list. So I checked what she'd added and fixed it, she had added the vendor number instead of the device number!

For anyone else who may have this problem in the future, this is what I added into the card list:

card 0x990c  "AMD Radeon HD 8670D"

And what was added into the GraphicsRules file (you'll need to follow the tutorial to know where to place it)

or match("${cardName}", "*HD 8670D*")

So I just started up the game and checked my DeviceConfig, it now reads

Name (database): AMD Radeon HD 8670D [Found: 1, Matched: 1]

Fixed!! Thank you so much for your help. This was driving me crazy. I can't wait to play now!

Message 4 of 5 (2,134 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@50bb724ef27cb6f1

Oh good, I was a bit stumped (and had asked @SandArcher and @crinrict for their opinion but we were not sure). Standard smile

Thanks for sharing your solution.

Out of curiosity, what happened if you just clicked on "OK"on the error message, and changed settings manually?

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 5 of 5 (1,979 Views)