Help finding out source of crash

by Starscream195

Original Post

Help finding out source of crash

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey all! I hope you are having a wonderful day, I was hoping someone could help me figure out why my game crashed. This is one of two crashes I have ever had for The Sims 4 and I want to try to track down the reason and solve it as quickly as possible. The first crash happened yesterday but I did not save the txt document sadly. I played the game twice yesterday and only in the first session did it crash. Second one was smooth.

Played again today and it crashed seemingly out of nowhere. This time I was able to save the txt file.

I do have CC installed, most of them are simple stuff like clothes/hair/skin tones/etc. And like a couple script mods. The crashes don't appear consistent at all so I don't really want to remove all mods and play as I mentioned earlier the second session I played normally and it never crashed at all.

I've attached a DxDiag along with the lastcrash text file.(Turn the lastcrash file to a word doc since for some reason the forums wouldnt let me upload it as a text file) Any and all help is appreciated!!

Message 1 of 7 (1,843 Views)

Re: Help finding out source of crash

★★★ Novice

Anyone able to help me out please?

Message 2 of 7 (1,759 Views)

@Starscream195  I'm sorry no one responded to your post before now.  I think because another thread was merged into yours, people glanced at the thread and thought it was already being handled.  I un-merged them since they're separate issues and because it's easier to troubleshoot crashing issues individually.

Anyway, I don't recognize and can't find documentation on your type of crash, but I did see someone else with the same type today whose game is also modded.  It would help if you listed the specific mods you have installed, unless they include adult content (in that case, just name the creator), as well as what was happening on-screen at the time.

The Sims 4 crashes in your dxdiag are access violations, not really specific enough to be useful by themselves.  There's nothing else in your dxdiag that would be an obvious problem for Sims 4.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 7 (1,747 Views)

★★★ Novice

I realized something weird was up. But no worries, thank you for taking the time to respond!!

My mod list is pretty massive but I will try my best to list out everything I can. As for what was happening on screen on the time of the crash, nothing big really. I had a family of 4 sims, all young adults, wandering around their house. I had one sim queued up to fix a shower and a toilet, one sim was watching TV, another was about to cook, and the fourth I think was simply walking around not doing anything. That's what makes it so odd to me as it happened seemingly out of nowhere.

Now as for mods, I think my two major ones are MCCC and one made by Turbodriver. Both of them are up to date and I double checked after the crash. Turbodriver's mod has a bunch of addons (creators include: E404, erplederp, Azmodan, CherryPie, Wildguy, Anarcis, Amra72, mike24, lupobianco, MotherlodeSims, Nandong, and Yrsa), simple animations that none of which were in use at the time of the crash.

Other mods include a handful of mods by LittleMsSam: AutoEmployee, Auto Thermostat, Better Familiars, Can I Come Over, Dress Code Lot trait, Entrance Fee Lot trait, Force to Leave, Hire Certain Sims, Improved Practical Spells, More Away Actions, More Best Friends, More Buyable Venues, More Fun Stuff, More Holiday Icons, More Serving Options, Online Learning System, Preferences Lot Trait, Retail Overhaul, SimDa Dating App, and Where Are You. All of these I double checked and only a few needed updates. I have not tested the game after updating them yet.

I have 2 mods by Sacrificial Mods: Sim Torments and Passionate Romance. With accompanying props and addons. This one I updated a month ago before the crash. 

I have 2 other script mods called Scarlet Sim City Loans and Scumbumbo Teleport Any Sim. I have not checked if these needed updates. I used to have career mods but I uninstalled those some days ago.

Lastly are my massive amounts of Clothes, hair, and skintones mods. I recently updated a few of the broken skintones that wouldn't show up in CAS, not sure if that would have anything to do with it. But I have way too many of these mods that I am unsure if I can properly list them all without taking an hour or two to do it. But as I mentioned, these mods are all clothing, hair, or skintones.

Message 4 of 7 (1,739 Views)

@Starscream195  I don't think you need to worry about custom content here, at least for a crash that happened in your sims' own house without their changing their outfits.  If cc is going to crash a game, it should do so when it first appears on-screen, when it first appears at a certain level of detail, or when it's applied to the wrong category of sim, and it doesn't sound like that happened here.

It's more likely that the issue is one of your mods, but with so many and with just one crash, it would be difficult to figure out which mod was the problem.  The normal procedure would be to test without mods, then do the 50/50 method, but since your game is mostly stable with mods, an absence of crashing wouldn't prove anything.  If the other poster with the same type of crash gets back to me, I'll ask them for a mod list and compare it to yours.

But honestly, if you don't see any other crashes, it's probably not worth spending time on the problem.  The game will probably be patched in the next few days, and between that and the new pack, you'll need to update many if not most of your mods anyway, so a problem with a current version might not even carry over.

Having said that, if you get another crash, please let me know.  And if I find any relevant info, I'll let you know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 7 (1,730 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sounds good, thank you for the help! I appreciate it. I played a bit today and didn't have a crash. I've dreaded doing the 50/50 method given all the ones I have, hah. But if it happens again and more often, I'll let ya know and try to do the 50/50.

The crash isn't tied to much or repeatable as far as I know. So even if I do the 50/50, I wouldn't know what to look out for. Regardless, I'll get back to you if anything happens. Hope ya have a wonderful day!!

Message 6 of 7 (1,724 Views)

★★★ Novice

I know this is an older thread, but any updates? I'm having the same issue where the crash is completely random.

Message 7 of 7 (1,022 Views)