Help choosing a gaming laptop

by hyacinthbunny

Original Post

Re: Help choosing a gaming laptop

★★★★ Novice
@Blush_and_Whisks Sorry for the delay. I got distracted working on my current project (completely remaking all the Sims 4 worlds and Sims). Here's a link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-IdeaPad-L340-17-3-Gaming-Laptop-i7-9750H-8GB-RAM-512GB-SSD-GTX-1650-... it's from the laptop deals subreddit, which posts tons of links to sales. Good luck!
Message 11 of 13 (222 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictSorry I vanished - I had to distract myself because I was looking too much at laptops I'd love but can't afford. ☹ One review of the ASUS said the display wasn't great, but I don't know whether that means it's bad for the price, or just worse than top of the line models I can't afford anyway. I am not super knowledgeable about displays.

I realize that my Sims 3 game was destined to fail, but in my defense Isla Paradiso is very pretty! And I've never completed that island explorer aspiration. Still, a supernatural household of island dwellers who love gardening, collecting, and exploring was doomed, especially with CC added. I strongly considered Bootcamp but you have to pay lots for that Windows license and it really eats up hard drive space. Since I was saving for a laptop anyway so I can write and do some art stuff on the go, I figured I might as well put that money into a gaming laptop.

Message 12 of 13 (210 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Best Gaming Laptops under 700$   

1. ASUS X507 Gaming Laptop

SPECIFICATIONS 

• CPU : 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8300H (8M Cache, up to 4.00 GHz, 2 Cores)
  • Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 GDDR5 4GB VRAM
  • RAM : 8GB DDR4
  • Hard Disk : 1TB 5400RPM 2.5′ HDD
  • Display : 15.6-inch (1920×1080)
  • Weight : 2.2 kg
  • Battery : 4 hours

REASONS TO BUY

+ The cooling system is efficient

+ Powerful audio quality

+ Suitable for gaming and everyday use

REASONS TO AVOID

– Comes with lag issues

– Some issues with the charging cable

This by far the Best Gaming laptop under 50000 in India which is equivalent to 700$ in US . Equipped with a contemporary IPS-level NanoEdge display and durable structure, this Asus TUF gaming laptop conveys satisfactory gaming experience. Without breaking the bank, the FX505 gaming laptop meets all your expectations by presenting all the necessary features. In terms of CPU, graphics ability and display, you will find no compromise.

Best Gaming laptop under 900$ that you can get

2. Acer Nitro Core i7 8th Gen 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop

Image of Acer Nitro Core i7 8th Gen 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop which is one of the best laptops under 70000

Specifications:
Storage1 TB HDD
RAM8 GB DDR4 RAM
ProcessorIntel Core i7 2.2 GHz with Turbo Boost Upto 4.1 GHz
Generation8th Gen 8750H
Display39.62 cm (15.6 inch) 1920 x 1080 Pixel
Graphics Card4 GB NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti
USB Ports2 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 3.1 Type C
HDMI Ports1 x HDMI Port (v2.0)
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home
Weight2.7 kg
ColorBlack

The Acer Nitro has really become a brand within a brand name itself. Whenever tech geeks hear the word Nitro coming out of Acer, they know a couple of things. It’s going to be a gaming laptop. It’s going to be extremely budget-friendly. And finally, it’s going to have a good balance of specs.  The display is solid at 15.6 inches and at a resolution of 1920 x1080p, it is definitely one of the best among the gaming laptops under 70000 in India.

Best Gaming laptop under 1000$ 

3. Acer Predator Helios 300

Acer Predator Helios 300: Gaming Laptop

Acer Predator Helios 300 is the most powerful gaming laptop you can buy in this price segment. The laptop features a 17.3-inch display with a 144 Hz refresh rate and 2 ms Overdrive response time. This display offers a smooth gaming experience. It packs 9th Gen Intel Core i7 processor and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti with 6 GB DDR 6 Graphics Memory.

Helios 300 is really powerful to handle intense gaming. The laptop also comes with 4th Gen AeroBlade 3D Technology to ensure proper cooling. It has 256 GB M.2 PCIe SSD to ensure quicker boot-up and 1 TB HDD to store your games. The keyboard of the laptop is also destined to keep gaming in the mind. It comes with Windows 10 home and promises 4 hours of battery life.

This Gaming laptop is really popular in India and i have seen that many of my US friends also use this laptop. This one is absolute beast trust me. In India this is the best gaming laptop under 1 lakh rupees which is same as 1000$ 

Key Specs

• 17.3 inch (1920 x 1080 pixel) 144 Hz IPS Display
  • 9th Gen Intel Core i7 Processor
  • NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti with 6 GB DDR 6 Graphics Memory
  • 8GB RAM
  • 256 GB SSD/ 1 TB HDD
  • Windows 10 Home
  • 720p HD Webcam
  • WiFI 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.9 Gigabit Ethernet
  • 4 hours battery
Message 13 of 13 (172 Views)