Help can't find Mod folder

by tashenii

Original Post

Highlighted

Help can't find Mod folder

★★ Novice

I just bought the sims 4 cats and dogs and the only folders I have in it is "_installer" "contents" "support" and "installer.plist" I don't have a mods or tray folder and they are not in those folders either. What should I do???

Message 1 of 9 (1,674 Views)

Re: Help can't find Mod folder

Hero (Retired)
@tashenii

What you are seeing in the Program Files folder it is installed files of the game. Don't touch this!
Turn on the game and second new folder of the game will be created.
You will find this folder in the Documents/Electronic Arts/ The Sims4. You will have all these folders there. Tray and mods also.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 9 (1,667 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
You can just make a folder called mods and it should work, but it has to be in the correct place

Message 3 of 9 (1,639 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Cuddly_Poochydex 

Please read the correct answer as posted by Kreatora.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 9 (1,637 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't have the electronic arts folder mine just says "sims 4"

Message 5 of 9 (1,578 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The Sims 4 folder is placed within the electronic Arts folder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 9 (1,563 Views)

★★ Novice

I know that but In documents its just the sims 4.

Message 7 of 9 (1,551 Views)

★★ Novice

This is the location its going to.

Message 8 of 9 (1,544 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The path you choose to install the game files to does not have anything to do with where the Mods folder is located. By default that will be: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods The game will create it the first time the game is started. It may also be located on Onedrive.

Message 9 of 9 (1,537 Views)