Help!- Unsure of Laptop Graphics Req for Sims

by lovelife14

Original Post

Re: Help!- Unsure of Laptop Graphics Req for Sims

Champion (Retired)

@lovelife14 

That is certainly a good choice if you can get it at that price. It is overkill for The Sims 4 but there are nothing wrong in planning for the future. That should be good for several years to come.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 11 of 13 (170 Views)

[ Edited ]

@lovelife14  As jpkarlsen mentioned, the laptop is overkill, particularly the processor is much more powerful than what you need.  An i5-10300H would be more than fine; an i7-10750H will run any current game out there.  The 10875H is really for people who have professional-level workloads in mind: maybe they need to compile code or work with graphics rendering software.

The graphics card will still be the limiting factor in Sims 4 though, so any of the Lenovo laptops in this line with a 1650 ti Max-Q will perform pretty much the same.

Having said that, there's nothing wrong with getting a stronger system than you need, especially if you think the price is reasonable.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 13 (148 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I don’t need to compile code or anything - I use my work laptop for that. I think I’m going to move forward with the recent model I sent bc the price is right and I’m fine with it being a stronger system. Who knows maybe I can explore other games to play on the PC or maybe use photoshop/illustrator on it 😁

thank you again everyone for your help and input! You have made my first experience using this forum a good one! Have a great day!! 

@puzzlezaddict @jpkarlsen 

Message 13 of 13 (134 Views)