Help Sims 3 Won't Install From Disc or Origin

by Monie-Stanaya

Original Post

Help Sims 3 Won't Install From Disc or Origin

★ Novice

Right, this is driving me bananas because I've been jonsing for a sweet, sweet Sims 3 fix and my dealer (laptop) is witholding.

A few weeks ago, I had to recover my laptop. It runs on windows 8 (it's an HP that's only been with me for four months) and I hate it with a passion I think it can feel and is thus spiting me. Apparently I had viruses. Really I didn't use the internet part except to skype. I mainly just used the laptop to skype and play sims. Sims worked AMAZING on this laptop. I had never realized that there were shadows on my old laptop. I was so happy I could play all of the expansions and the few stuff packs I had. Life was good. Then I had to return the laptop to factory settings.

So, once I finally got it back running and got all my little things downloaded such as firefox, skype, and avast I went to install the SIms. Now, before anyone calls my antivirus, thought of that. Plus it worked without issue the first time.

I popped my discs in first because I'm weird and forgot I could just download from Origin. Well, my base game disc seemed to work fine until it got around 3/4ths done. Then it stopped. No whir no gibberish of what it was putting from the disc into the EA folder. Nothing. So, I left it alone for about three to four hours. Nothing. So I cancel out the install and pull the disc out. I give it an inspecton and a cleaning just in case. I pop it back in and again the same thing happens. So, I go, well, I can't find the code to Master Suite anyways and go to use Origin.

Now we're talkin'! Origin downloads the base, took it ages, and I decide since my laptop is bad to run out of room and not let me install the bonus content of Dragon Valley, that I'm gonna go ahead and put Into The Future on to get everything up to date. Can't. Need to update. So I go to the launcher and click updates. At first it says cannot connect to origin, so I login on the launcher. Then it says cannot connect to something about the SIms 3 store. So I go to that. Now it just flat out refuses to apply updates.

So then I go to google and find the master patch thingy or whatever it's called. I put it to the highest current patch and BAM I can download Dragon Valley to the download section of my launcher. So I'm all excited and click install.

The little circle starts to whir beside the pointer as I'm waitin'. And waitin'. And. Waiting. Then the little circle stops and nothing happens. The launcher doesn't close or anything, just, nothing happens. So I decide to go ahead and install all the other expansions which are World Adventures to Into the Future and my stuff packs are Movie, Master Suite, High End Loft, and Town Life. I also have Monte Vista and Dragon Valley as worlds. All of these things worked great until the recovery. Except Showtime's town, but that always loaded slowly.

I get all of these things downloaded and I had read on a forum that once the simmer got in they went to the store through the game and downloaded their content that way. I figured i could do the same, and if not, at least I could enjoy the sims while I figured out how to fix the issue. I clicked that beautiful play button and nothing. It did the same thing as when I tried to install Dragon Valley.

I was displeased and a friend of mine told me to try running in admin. I did. Nothing. She told me to change my compatiability. I changed it from 8 to 7 to XP. Nothing. I also went to the forums and saw things like "delete this folder and that folder" there was nothing in them to delete and deleteing them did nothing. I also disabled avast to try and see if it was the issue and that didn't work either.

Today (9/17/14) I downloaded Bejewlled 3 from the on the house in Origin to see if it was just Sims. Nope. So I uninstalled EVERYTHING and reinstalled origin. I tried Bejwelled first and it refuses to work. I've run Origin as an admin, nothing. I've downloaded the adobe 15 and shockwave 12.0 and Java. None of this works. I'm worried I'll have to recover the computer again to see if it'll work. I mean I've done nothing different than the first time I put the Sims on this laptop.

Please for the love of all things Sims, help me! I need my addiction.

Message 1 of 1 (584 Views)