Re: Help! Running the Sims 3 through an SD Card. Can't download custom content.

by selavie15

Original Post

Help! Running the Sims 3 through an SD Card. Can't download custom content.

★ Novice

Hello! I'm pretty new to this, but I could really use some help. I purchased an HP Stream Laptop (currently running on Windows 10) and didn't have enough space for all my sims. I purchased an SD card and was able to successfully transfer everything over. This includes the games I downloaded through Origin and the ones I installed using an external disk drive. The game runs perfectly fine, however, when I try to download custom content from the exchange and TSR, it won't pop up in the launcher. In fact, it won't download at all. I feel like I've tried everything and I don't know what else to do. 

Message 1 of 5 (787 Views)

@selavie15  When you download an item from TSR, instead of double-clicking it, try moving it to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads, then see whether it shows in the Downloads section of the launcher.  Let me know either way.

If you've moved your Sims 3 user folder, the one that normally sits in Documents, to your SD card as well, please let me know how you did so.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (767 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much for replying. Unfortunately, I tried that and it didn’t work. Idk what i did wrong

Message 3 of 5 (722 Views)

@selavie15  Again, I need to know whether you've tried to move your Sims 3 user folder, the one normally in Documents\Electronic Arts, as well.  Please let me know the full file path to the folder where you're adding the .Sims3Packs, which you can see by right-clicking and selecting Properties.  If it's not on your hard drive (the file path would start with C), please let me know what steps, if any, you've taken to move the folder to its current location.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (712 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I figured out what to do. I hadn't properly switched the files over and should have went through properties instead of simply copy/pasting right? I wish I could have gotten back to you sooner because you mostly likely were gonna tell me that. Thanks anyway for your prompt response!

Message 5 of 5 (602 Views)