Help!!! Origin to Steam without file??

by 204204qt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help!!! Origin to Steam without file??

★★★ Newbie

i own the sims 4 on origin but i no longer have access to origin, My new computer has alot of issues with it and i just uninstalled and got rid of all the files.. I then realised I don't have access to The SIms 4 anymore! I tried to reinstall origin and move it over to Steam, but i can't get reinstall my Sims file. I also own steam and would like to switch my game over there, any Ideas?? 

Message 1 of 2 (245 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Help!!! Origin to Steam without file??

@204204qt  There is no way to accomplish what you want, unfortunately.  To play in Steam, you need to buy the base game specifically in Steam.  (You can use the packs you own in Origin without rebuying them though.)  Then you would need to link your Steam and Origin accounts, and when you launched the game from Steam, Origin would also run in the background.  The Origin requirement holds even for people who've only ever bought game content in Steam.

If you're having trouble with Origin and want to troubleshoot it, let me know what the problems is, and I'll try to help.  But any time you play Sims 4, Origin will also be in the picture.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (195 Views)

All Replies

Re: Help!!! Origin to Steam without file??

@204204qt  There is no way to accomplish what you want, unfortunately.  To play in Steam, you need to buy the base game specifically in Steam.  (You can use the packs you own in Origin without rebuying them though.)  Then you would need to link your Steam and Origin accounts, and when you launched the game from Steam, Origin would also run in the background.  The Origin requirement holds even for people who've only ever bought game content in Steam.

If you're having trouble with Origin and want to troubleshoot it, let me know what the problems is, and I'll try to help.  But any time you play Sims 4, Origin will also be in the picture.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (196 Views)