Help. Origin, sims 4, mods problem

by samistiel

Original Post

Help. Origin, sims 4, mods problem

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So today I went to play my game to show my best frend my Walking Dead sims that I am super proud of. When I went on origin and clicked on my sims game it wasn't showing the option to play the game, just a blank screen, and the two icon, favorite and the options where it shows repair etc. I tried to log out but origin stopped working so then I restarted my laptop, logged into origin and it was still doing that. So when I googled it it said to do those two things and if that didn't work to uninstall and reinstall. So doing that I moved over my entire sims 4 folder, mods, saved games, files etc as a backup. Once I reinstalled origin it showed the play option. When I went into my game all my mods were fine but my saved games were gone(heart broken, 5374 hours of game play lost) so I moved the saved files back over into my folder and hit play again....no such luck. (tried 3 more times, mods showed up fine, no issues, but saved games and tray files would not) So then I saw something about deleting the folder, hitting play to put the folder back in and to fix everything. Then i moved my mods back into my game, saved, tray and hit play. Then I got an error code about my mods  and or a game file missing. So I deleted the folder again, restarted the game and moved my mods back into my game and im getting the same error code. But previously my mods were working perfectly fine when I started my game a few times trying to put my saved games back into my game.  I checked my mods ( its mainly cas cc) in my mod conflict detector to see if any files got into my folder when moving it into a safe place to put back into my game, but they were all sims 4 files and a okay mods. I have no idea what to do or what I did wrong. Its not like I havent reinstalled my game before and transfered over all saved games and files back into my game. I got a new laptop almost a year ago and I had to transfer everything over. I feel like my last attempt is to uninstall the game and reinstall it. 

I hope someone may be able to help me with this. 

Message 1 of 1 (149 Views)