Help! My laptop keeps shutting down when i play the Sims 4!

by cheesoam

Original Post

Re: Help! My laptop keeps shutting down when i play the Sims 4!

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Update: I'm playing the sims 4 now and its not having any problems as far as i can see. So far so good. I hope it stays this way. Thanks again @fons_garmo . I really appreciate it!

Thank you too @crinrict

Message 11 of 17 (465 Views)

Hero

Hi @cheesoam

I marked this as solved for now.

Feel free to unsolve and come back if you have more crashing issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 17 (451 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey @crinrict @fons_garmo we're back to square one. it's started tripping off again and i don't know what else to do. It's mostly when i play the Sims 4.

Message 13 of 17 (435 Views)

@cheesoam,

It's your laptop shutting down again while playing The Sims 4?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 14 of 17 (428 Views)

★ Apprentice

@fons_garmo Yes. And this time it's immediately. The fan makes a loud noise and it shuts down. I don't know if it's possible for the fan to be clogged in less than a month.

Message 15 of 17 (426 Views)

@cheesoam,

All this sympthomps sound like overheating to me. A PC shutting down with a loud fan sound is showing that something might be wrong with the hardware. I'd suggest contacting an IT technician and make them take a look at your PC, a PC shutting down when opening a game is clearly not normal.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 16 of 17 (420 Views)

★ Apprentice

Alright. Will do. Thanks. @fons_garmo

Message 17 of 17 (415 Views)