Re: Help! My game is unplayable!

by ericaricher

Original Post

@ericaricher

The "391.35-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe" you should have downloaded with the second link in post #28.

Just double click the executable.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 31 of 40 (994 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you. I was able to follow all the steps. Is that all I'm supposed to do before I try the game?

Message 32 of 40 (972 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just tried the game and literally load it all the way up I loaded a house and then it crashed.

Message 33 of 40 (971 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ericaricher

OK, couldn't be that easy. Wink

Please post a new DxDiag and the crash report of this last crash.

Also:

• Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time
  • Copy and paste "%SystemRoot%\Minidump" (Without the quotes) into the new window > ENTER.
  • If the folder contains a "Minidump.dmp" file, rename the "Minidump.dmp" to "Minidump.dmp.txt" and load it up like the DxDiag.

Please answer this questions:

Do you play other games and are they working?

Did only the game crashed, or did you get a Bluescreen?

Did you made any changes to your system before the crashes starter? (Hardware or software)

Did it say that "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations" at the end of the Sfc /scannow run?

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 34 of 40 (944 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There was no folder or anything when I did the mini dump part.

I usually don't play any other games on the computer however I have Plants versus Zombies also installed and after reading your question I loaded it up and gave it a try. It also caused my computer to blue screen.

When my game crashes, it crashes both to the desktop and it causes my computer to blue screen.

There were zero crashes until I installed get famous. So I tried uninstalling all the games and reinstalled without get famous. However it continued to crash even without it so I put it back in. And the game also had an update before I installed get famous. No other changes though.

I got the no integrity violations found message.

Message 35 of 40 (904 Views)

@ericaricher

ericaricher  schrieb:

When my game crashes, it crashes both to the desktop and it causes my computer to blue screen.

There were zero crashes until I installed get famous. So I tried uninstalling all the games and reinstalled without get famous. However it continued to crash even without it so I put it back in. And the game also had an update before I installed get famous. No other changes though.

I got the no integrity violations found message.

OK, this point either to a serious problem inside your Windows installation, a system level driver problem, or a hardware defect.

We already repaired the Windows system files and the Graphic driver.

Do you have access to a different Graphic card that could be tested in your system?

Is there still no "*dmp" file in the "%SystemRoot%\Minidump" folder? It should be there after a BSOD.
If you find one please load it up.

If not we need to do some more steps to get one.

Message 36 of 40 (863 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There is still no file in the folder.

Message 37 of 40 (853 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There is still no file in the folder.

Message 38 of 40 (853 Views)

@ericaricher

OK, try this:

• Press the Windows key and "X" at the same time.
  • Left click on "PowerShell (Administrator)" or "Command Prompt (Administrator)
  • In the PowerShell or Command prompt window, at the prompt, copy and paste "reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\devenv.exe" /v DumpType /d 2 /t REG_DWORD" (Without the quotes).
  • Hit "ENTER" (The success of the action should be displayed)
  • Play the game until it crashes.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Into the new windows, copy and paste: "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" (Without the quotes) > Hit "ENTER"
  • Load the dump (*.dmp) up to a free file hosting website. ("Dropbox" or "OneDrive" for example) and post the link here.

You can revert the automatic crash dump creation by running this command: "reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /f" (Without the quotes) in an elevated PowerShell or Command Prompt session.

Message 39 of 40 (840 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I had a computer person come take a look at my computer and they assured me that everything is working fine. But I will do what you're saying tonight when I have a chance!

Message 40 of 40 (754 Views)