Re: Help! My game is unplayable!

by ericaricher

Original Post

Help! My game is unplayable!

★★★★ Novice

My game started crashing within 48 hours of installing Get Famous. Sometimes it blue screens me and sometimes it crashes to the desktop. It NEVER did this before the expansion. I tried deleting my save and starting with a new one but it didn't work. I tried playing in windows 7 compatability, windows 8 compatability, but it still crashes. What is going on? It runs for maybe 30 seconds before crashing!

Message 1 of 40 (1,135 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 40 (1,099 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here is my dxdiag.

Message 3 of 40 (1,087 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Your Graphics driver is more than 2 years old. Visit nvidia.com to upgrade it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 40 (1,064 Views)

★★★★ Novice

When I try to update it, it tells me it is already up to date.

Message 5 of 40 (1,036 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I was able to update the driver but my game is still crashing.

Message 6 of 40 (1,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@ericaricher
If you have any mods move the mods folder to desktop. Delete localthumbcache.package file and fix game in Origin. If you don't have mods fix the game also.There is EA Python script  corrupted in game files. 
But after reading your DxDiag I think that you probably have also a problem with yours Windows Defender.
Have a look here
https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/what-is-msmpeng-exe/

Message 7 of 40 (1,018 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have 0 mods. I repaired my game in Origin and turned windows defender off to play, but it still crashed.

Message 8 of 40 (990 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Please post the contents of your latest lastcrash.txt file. You can NOT attach this file so copy and paste the contents in a spoiler tag (Yellow icon in compose window).

Message 9 of 40 (979 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Last crash text.

Message 10 of 40 (953 Views)