Help.. My game disappeared from Origin.

by captFunkyKebab

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help.. My game disappeared from Origin.

★★ Novice

I bought The Sims 4 from Origin about a year and a half ago, and until recently it's been running fine on my computer. About a week ago I suddenly couldn't launch my game anymore. I tried restarting my computer, and it did nothing. I tried repairing my game in Origin, but the program got stuck on "finalizing" until I completely closed and restarted Origin. When I opened it up again the repair would be finished, but I still couldn't launch my game. I then completely removed all my CC and mods, tried to repair my game, restarted my computer again and it still did absolutely nothing. I then grew tired, so I just left it for a few days.

Today I came back to it, tried to repair my game and got error code "327682:0". I did some googling, and eventually came to the conclution that I had to uninstall my game, clear the cache from the Origin folders, uninstall Origin and then reinstall everything again.

So I tried doing that. Origin is running fine on my computer again, but my game is completely gone. I can not find it in my game library, and when I search "The Sims 4" in Origin there's no option for me to reinstall it without buying it. I've kept the confirmation e-mails that I got sent after buying the game, if that's any help at all. I can't seem to figure out if there's anything in them that I can use to get my game back, though.

I have no idea what to do... I had a bunch of packs as well. I've spent a lot of money on this game, there's absolutely no way I'll buy the game and all the packs again. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 6 (386 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Help.. My game disappeared from Origin.

Champion (Retired)

@captFunkyKebab

It's not that embarrassing, even I have done it once haha! :D

Okay, so for 327682:0

You already cleared Origin's cache right?
Make sure to white-list Origin in your security programs (Windows Defender and any other you might have, Avg, Norton, Avast etc), then Run Origin as administrator.

Turn on safe mode downloading (Origin > Application Settings > Diagnostics > Safe Mode Downloading), and then try installing again!

If it still does not work, please post a DxDiag:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

We'll check the expansions after the base game, you might need that installed to do the rest!

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (444 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@captFunkyKebab

First, triple check (yes I mean it, this is a very common problem) that the Origin account you're logged into is the same one that you got the confirmation emails on. Use the email that you got the emails on to log in, not an account name or anything else.

If the game does not show up still, contact an EA Game Advisor and ask them about what's wrong with your account.

If you find the game, we can try to start finding out why it has not been working Standard smile

Message 2 of 6 (379 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok, both good and bad news. First of all, as you expected I was logged in with the wrong account. So that's a little embarrassing.. Found my game and all the packs in my library, ready to be installed. The bad news is that it won't install. When trying to install the base game the error 327682:0 pops up. When the packs tried to install I got the error 327684:1, which I'm sure has to do with whatever the problem with the base game is. 

Message 3 of 6 (368 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@captFunkyKebab

It's not that embarrassing, even I have done it once haha! :D

Okay, so for 327682:0

You already cleared Origin's cache right?
Make sure to white-list Origin in your security programs (Windows Defender and any other you might have, Avg, Norton, Avast etc), then Run Origin as administrator.

Turn on safe mode downloading (Origin > Application Settings > Diagnostics > Safe Mode Downloading), and then try installing again!

If it still does not work, please post a DxDiag:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

We'll check the expansions after the base game, you might need that installed to do the rest!

Message 4 of 6 (445 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi again! Just realized it's been a couple weeks since I asked for help. Uni work took over my life for a bit. Anyway, I finally got around to try out the stuff you said to do in your latest reply. It worked and my game is running normally again.
Thank you so much for your help, I really wouldn't been able to fix it on my own! Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (322 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@captFunkyKebab

I know the feeling, Uni does that to you Wink

Happy to help! :eahigh_file:

Message 6 of 6 (307 Views)