Re: Help! A random Sim joined my household.

by lauriemmie123

Original Post

Help! A random Sim joined my household.

★★★ Newbie

A random Sim has somehow joined my household. This is NOT a roommate. My sim recently attended University for a 2nd time for a 2 term stint. He lived in a dorm this time with several roommates. I noticed a couple of days before graduation that I suddenly have a new household member that I am able to control. Has anyone else experienced this? And how do I remove the sim from my household?

Message 1 of 5 (8,568 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, I just went to edit town and selected split up household, then deleted the Sim. But I'm still curious how he got into my household. Very strange glitch.

Message 2 of 5 (8,557 Views)

★★ Novice

This is kinda late to reply. I've had the same problem. I have moved the other sims out, but there are always new ones being added. I haven't gotten any idea on how to stop them from spawning. Did more sims join your household after you moved the sims out? Btw my family lives in an apartment that I had built, so I don't know if that affected it. Can you happen to give me an explanation of how to remove them for good and to stop them from spawning into the household? Thanks if you see this.

Message 3 of 5 (7,948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@lauriemmie123   If the lot is set to: Apartment, there will be roommates as a feature of the lot assignment. Change the lot assignment to Residential if you do not want it like that.  There is also a function to allow roommates in ordinary Residential lots, so maybe make sure it is set to zero. It's an option on the sims mobile phone in inventory.

Edit: For the game to recognize the new lot assignment you need to:
Evict the household from the lot in Edit Town, change the lot type to No Visitors Allowed, then to Residential Regular; and place the household back into the house - all in one Edit Town session.

Message 4 of 5 (7,937 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@lauriemmie123   I forgot to say that you should dismiss any roommates you do not want before changing the lot assignment from Apartment to Residential Regular. You get this option by clicking on the sim choosing Roommate. They will leave the lot automatically (no animation/interaction after you clicked Dismiss Roommate).

The option on the phone to Enable/Disable Rommate Services is called just that; and is under Real Estate and Travel Services>Roommate Services. (It is only an option on a Residential Regular Lot).

Message 5 of 5 (7,918 Views)