Re: Hello hello! i have bought the sims 3

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Hello hello! i have bought the sims 3

★★★ Newbie

hello hello! I have purchased the sims 3 starter pack a very long time ago ( six years ago?)  and it all worked!

I decided to uninstall the game for some reason and now I am trying to install it back again however I am facing a problem; the sims 3 base game gets installed however the expansion packs do not?

I click on expansions and stuff select the packs I want to install, click on install anddddd origin pops up. that's all it is as if the computer doesn't even realize that it needs to do something.

is there anything I could do?

Message 1 of 2 (267 Views)

Re: Hello hello! i have bought the sims 3

@LenCat25  Try installing them directly through Origin, not the launcher.  Go to your game library, click on the Sims 3 icon, then More > Expansion Packs, and scroll to where Late Night is listed.  You should see an orange Download button.  (Go to More > Stuff packs for High-End Loft Stuff.)

If this doesn't work, hover over your username and select Application Settings.  Under Application, the first header, scroll to Client update and turn on the option to allow automatic game updates.  Quit Origin completely (as in, click Exit from the dropdown menu), relaunch it, and you should be offered the packs automatically.  If the auto update option is already on, turn it off, quit, turn it on again, quit, and see if the downloads pop up.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (259 Views)