Re: Hello EA

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hello EA

★★ Novice

Hello EA,

When I try to open my game it tells me its unable to start because of a data is missing or damaged. I've been having the sims 4 for more than a year and it never did anything like this before, please if someone knows whats wrong please help me out!

Thank you

Message 1 of 6 (399 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Hero

Hi @DominikaSimGirl

this error is usually due to incompatible custom content

Are you using any ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (387 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero

Hi @DominikaSimGirl

this error is usually due to incompatible custom content

Are you using any ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (388 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi  @crinrict Thank you so much for helping me out! If i do have any incompatible custom conetnt how do I get rid of it? My computer is saying I have to reinstall the sims4. Does it mean I have to buy it again and start everything over with origin and the game?

Message 3 of 6 (376 Views)

Hero

No, you don't need to reinstall,

The 50/50 Method explained here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content is the fastest way to find out which cc is causing issues and then you just remove that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (364 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much @crinrict you saved my life. 

Message 5 of 6 (355 Views)

Hero

You're welcome.

Enjoy your game.

It's always good to make regular backups of your user files: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (348 Views)