Re: Having problems with custom content and basically the entire game

by SheriGR

Original Post

Having problems with custom content and basically the entire game

★★★ Newbie

My Sims 4 game wasn't opening so I went here to search some answers. They advised me to put my electronics folder, or the sims 4 folder onto my desktop (from my files). I did and it worked but since then it's been CHAOS. I've opened and exited the game about 20 games, reinstalled the game once and tried doing everything with my Mods folder. Nothings working. The game is just not showing my custom content. I clicked on options inside the game and clicked all the option for Custom Content (restarted the game too). Nothing. I probably did more damage then fixing at this point and I really, really need help. I want to be able to use my custom content again! 

Message 1 of 2 (209 Views)

Re: Having problems with custom content and basically the entire game

Champion

@fairy152004 I'm sorry for your frustration. Unfortunately, though, the bottom line may be that the cc you would like to use just may not be compatible with your game. 

Both mods and cc can break your game. You may notice this suddenly when there's a game update or patch that is no longer compatible with the cc or mod. When this happens your game can become glitchy/buggy and secondary damages to the game's codes can even occur that will not be removed by just removing the mod/cc. Some mod/cc makers will create and provide a new version that has been modified to be compatible with the new game codes, but many mod/cc makers and users do not maintain this chain of updating/adjusting to keep a once well-functioning mod/cc working properly. On the other hand, there are many of the mods and cc out there that are just glitchy - period.

If your game was broken again by re-adding the cc you will need to re-do the entire repair process to get the game to work properly. Please make sure you remove the cache file and repair, etc in the order as follows: 

• Exit your game then exit Origin. If you have mods or CC, please copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder to your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Next run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. After that, please see if the issue has stopped.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 2 (197 Views)