Having problems moving my custom content to my hard drive

by intl__popstar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Having problems moving my custom content to my hard drive

★★★ Novice

I just purchased a 1tb hard drive to store my custom content and I’m running into one major issue but basically I followed this post on reddit and made a junction link or a symbolic link whatever you wanna call it and when I went to go open my mods folder after I made that junction link no matter how many times I unplugged and plugged back in my external hard drive I always got an error message saying this device is not ready and it also said something about location now I’m very new to computers but is that erro message popping up because I didn’t set up the destination location? And if so please tell me how to do that correctly and if that’s not the case please correct me below thank you Wink

Message 1 of 2 (272 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Having problems moving my custom content to my hard drive

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@intl__popstar
Your user data - saves, CC, Mods etc. - will always be stored on your internal drive in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4. You cannot change this location. If you move that folder to your external drive the game will just recreate a new one in its place when you launch the game.
You can only store them there and paste them into the mods folder in the game folder, only the ones you want at this moment in the game
I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (260 Views)

All Replies

Re: Having problems moving my custom content to my hard drive

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@intl__popstar
Your user data - saves, CC, Mods etc. - will always be stored on your internal drive in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4. You cannot change this location. If you move that folder to your external drive the game will just recreate a new one in its place when you launch the game.
You can only store them there and paste them into the mods folder in the game folder, only the ones you want at this moment in the game
I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 2 (261 Views)