Having a problem with expansion packs, after purchase.

by 120Spitfire

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Having a problem with expansion packs, after purchase.

★★★ Newbie

It's been a couple of years, and I bought every single expansion pack from a resale store, then registered them all through a now-defunct laptop. I've been trying to reinstall the rest (World Adventures, Pets, Generations, Supernatural, Into The Future, Island Paradise), but the only option I've got is to buy them again, according to the Origin client.

Would appreciate help.

Message 1 of 2 (308 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Having a problem with expansion packs, after purchase.

@120Spitfire  In theory, all you'd need to do would be to login to the same Origin account where you originally registered the packs, and they should be in your game library.  But one of the risks of buying through a reseller is that the codes that come with your discs have already been used by the original owner.  Back when you first played, Origin's security was much more lax, and it may not have flagged those codes as used and therefore allowed you to install the content.  Now though, Origin does catch duplicate codes and blocks them from being used.

If you own disc copies of all packs, and a base game disc manufactured before September 2012, you could install entirely via disc, with no need for Origin.  (Check the copyright date in the fine print on the base game disc.)  Let me know if you're interested in trying.  And sometimes Origin will let you install disc copies of packs even when those packs aren't registered to your game library, but more often it throws an error.  Since there's no other way to make Origin recognize your discs, it unfortunately sounds like your only other option would be to buy the packs again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (296 Views)

All Replies

Re: Having a problem with expansion packs, after purchase.

@120Spitfire  In theory, all you'd need to do would be to login to the same Origin account where you originally registered the packs, and they should be in your game library.  But one of the risks of buying through a reseller is that the codes that come with your discs have already been used by the original owner.  Back when you first played, Origin's security was much more lax, and it may not have flagged those codes as used and therefore allowed you to install the content.  Now though, Origin does catch duplicate codes and blocks them from being used.

If you own disc copies of all packs, and a base game disc manufactured before September 2012, you could install entirely via disc, with no need for Origin.  (Check the copyright date in the fine print on the base game disc.)  Let me know if you're interested in trying.  And sometimes Origin will let you install disc copies of packs even when those packs aren't registered to your game library, but more often it throws an error.  Since there's no other way to make Origin recognize your discs, it unfortunately sounds like your only other option would be to buy the packs again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (297 Views)