Having The Sims 4 installed, but playing on an different account

by raininsilver

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Having The Sims 4 installed, but playing on an different account

★★★ Newbie

Hello

If I will download The Sims 4 from my origin account, will I be able to turn the game on after switching to someones account who also has The Sims 4?

My friend has expansions packs and I do not, so I wanted to play The Sims 4 on her account, will I be able to play The Sims 4 that was installed from my origin account on her account? Or do I have to install Sims 4 through her account to make it work?

Message 1 of 2 (356 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Having The Sims 4 installed, but playing on an different account

@raininsilver  Technically, what matters is whether the Origin account currently logged in owns the content you're trying to play, not which account installed it.  (This isn't necessarily true for older games, but it is for Sims 4.)

However, sharing accounts is against EA's terms of service and could get you and your friend banned.  If you want to play with more packs, you should wait for a sale and buy them yourself.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (306 Views)

All Replies

Re: Having The Sims 4 installed, but playing on an different account

@raininsilver  Technically, what matters is whether the Origin account currently logged in owns the content you're trying to play, not which account installed it.  (This isn't necessarily true for older games, but it is for Sims 4.)

However, sharing accounts is against EA's terms of service and could get you and your friend banned.  If you want to play with more packs, you should wait for a sale and buy them yourself.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (307 Views)