Haven't recieved my refund for for pre-ordering the disc version of The Sims 4

by xMERLiSE

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Haven't recieved my refund for for pre-ordering the disc version of The Sims 4

★★★ Novice

Hi everyone! I'll make this short. I pre-ordered the disc version of The Sims 4 back in September. Almost a year ago. A few weeks ago, Origin sent me an e-mail saying my pre-order of The Sims 4 had been cancelled. I was confused because I didn't cancel it, but then I got another e-mail from them stating that Origin had stopped selling physical copies of games. Because of that, the e-mail stated I would be refunded. Fast forward to now and I still haven't gotten my refund. On my Origin account it says that the game was indeed cancelled, but when look at the payment status for the refund it says "Failed" and that its either an expired payment method or that it has the incorrect details. Nothing helpful.

I decided to chat with custom support about two weeks ago and the representative I was talking with said that the bank was holding a pre-authorization charge so they have my money. This doesn't make sense to me because I used paypal in order to pre-order the game. My bank and paypal statement shows the money being taken from credit card. Paypal shows that money was transferred to my paypal account from my card, and then a completed transaction to EA Inc.

Now I'm out about 64 dollars, and I just want my money back Frown

Can anyone help me. I'm not sure what to do next.

Message 1 of 3 (1,070 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Haven't recieved my refund for for pre-ordering the disc version of The Sims 4

Hero

You need to contact a game advisor again.

AnswerHQ is about players helping players.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,083 Views)

All Replies

Re: Haven't recieved my refund for for pre-ordering the disc version of The Sims 4

Hero

You need to contact a game advisor again.

AnswerHQ is about players helping players.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (1,084 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks! I took your advice and talked to the game advisor. This time I called them and it went a lot better. Hopefully I can get my money back soon.

Message 3 of 3 (1,046 Views)