Have to rebuy expansions?

by epic_fail1234

Original Post

Have to rebuy expansions?

★★★ Newbie

So I recently got a new laptop, and downloaded Origin so I can play my Sims 3. Now, I had purchased all of the expansion packs at one point with the same account on my old laptop. I went to play on my new laptop, and realized the packs are gone. I looked at the extra content on the origin page and it's saying I have to purchase the packs. 

So do I really have to rebuy everything, or is there a way to fix this?

Same thing is happening with my Sims 4

Message 1 of 2 (866 Views)

Re: Have to rebuy expansions?

@epic_fail1234  Even though you think you're in the same account, is it possible that you have two separate accounts?  Some people have even had two accounts under the same email address, just different usernames.  (It's not supposed to be allowed, but it does happen.)  You can check the purchase history on this account by hovering over your username in Origin, selecting EA Account and Billing, selecting Order History, and going back to whenever you bought the packs.  The default is to only display the last three months, but you can change the setting to go all the way to the beginning.

If you can't sort this out on your own, please contact EA customer suppoort and ask what happened to your packs.  A support rep can look up your information and hopefully tell you if there's a second account, or a problem with your original purchases.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (853 Views)