Hard to see

by spirit_nz

Original Post

Hard to see

★★★ Novice

I'm an older player and need some help.  I'm finding it difficult to see items on the screen.  Is there anyway of making things bigger?  I'm on PC.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2 (278 Views)

Re: Hard to see

[ Edited ]

@spirit_nz  One thing you can try is lowering the in-game resolution within the game options.  (Click on the dots in the upper right corner of the screen and select Game Options.  If the resolution setting is grayed out, change to fullscreen mode.)  Make sure the setting remains scaled to your monitor, so if the monitor's resolution is 1920x1080, pick another in-game resolution that also has a 16:9 aspect ratio.

If you don't like the effects of changing the in-game resolution, you can edit your options.ini file to make the user interface bigger instead.  Go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, and open the options.ini—Windows should automatically choose Notepad, but you can manually select it if necessary.  A few lines down, you'll see this:

autoageunplayed = 1

uiscale = 100

postprocessing = 1

Change the number for uiscale to something smaller, like 75, save the changes, and go back to your game to see if it's easier to read.  It seems like not all numbers scale properly, but with a bit of experimentation, you should be able to find a number that works for you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (257 Views)