by freiundentwirrt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hampers are not working

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a hamper and sims change clothes
What happens when the bug occurs? Only toddler clothes will go in hamper. All other sims clothes go on the floor even if I have a hamper in every room.
What do you expect to see? Clothes used to go directly into a hamper when my sims changed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It doesn't matter how many hampers I have or if they are empty. Clothes keep going on the floor everywhere. For some reason toddler clothes go in the hamper. 

Message 1 of 9 (10,599 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hampers are not working

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you try replacing the hampers with new ones ?

Does the same lot work on a fresh save ? Does the same house work if you put it on a different lot ? Do you have any locked doors (who knows if that can have an influence)

Sometimes if you're using mods, they can still have an influence on something, even if you turn them off. If it's just custom objects you're using, it should be fine.

So basically the best test is, to rename your user folder temporarily, start a fresh save and see if the error persists. This is to find out if it's save game related or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (10,723 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Just tested this and I have no issues. Which hamper are you using ? Have you tried a fresh save that has never seen a mod to see if you have the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (10,579 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have all three hampers. I have the feelin fabric hamper in the living room and whicker whims in the bathroom and laundry maid in the bedroom. I have all CC turned off. All their clothing goes on the floor beneath them. I can put the clothes in manually, but only the toddler's clothes go in automatically. And no I haven't played a game with a fresh save. Not sure what you mean. Do you mean turn off all CC and save it so that all CC I have done over the years is gone? Usually when it's a CC issue it shows up when it's turned off.

Message 3 of 9 (10,562 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok. So I'm messing around with this and turned all my CC back on and switched to a different household that had older children and teens. In this household the hampers work for everyone. I'm so confused why the adults in my other house can't use them. Doesn't make sense. The house the hampers don't work is in Oasis Springs on the Raffia Quinta lot. The other house I checked was also in Oasis Springs and worked fine. 

Message 4 of 9 (10,556 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you try replacing the hampers with new ones ?

Does the same lot work on a fresh save ? Does the same house work if you put it on a different lot ? Do you have any locked doors (who knows if that can have an influence)

Sometimes if you're using mods, they can still have an influence on something, even if you turn them off. If it's just custom objects you're using, it should be fine.

So basically the best test is, to rename your user folder temporarily, start a fresh save and see if the error persists. This is to find out if it's save game related or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (10,724 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's just that one lot so I'm not gonna fuss too much. I will just pretend that family is messy. Thanks for your help. 

Message 6 of 9 (10,515 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue but nothing seems to be fixing it. 

Message 7 of 9 (9,114 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@eilidh2004 wrote:

I have the same issue but nothing seems to be fixing it. 

Does it only happen on a particular lot?

Have you tried replacing the hampers or tested on another lot?
Please let me know so I can test under same conditions.

Do you uses Mods/CC ?
Try removing (not disabling) mods / cc and delete the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files.
Test the game to see if the issues are still there.

Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

- EQ
Avid Sims Player
Game Version 1.53.115.1020 ReBranding Patch
All content installed thru Island Living
PC / Win 7
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 8 of 9 (9,067 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there!

I tried all the solutions (delete user folder, change lot place, new game ...) but nothing helped ....

Does anyone solved this ?

PS : I have no CC

Message 9 of 9 (8,425 Views)