Re: Hair/Eyelash Glitch Live Mode

by NiyNiy17

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hair/Eyelash Glitch Live Mode

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I was having troubles with the move up (9) and down (0) cheat on Sims 4 and so I decided to reset my game settings to the original ones. After doing this, the up/down cheat worked fine but something happened to the CC I have on some of my sims. The bottom eyelashes I have on them look like they have a little too much mascara (if you know what I mean) and are choppy for the toddlers. Also, one of my toddler has a bunch of white 3D blotches at the top of his head. Additionally, the hair doesn't look right, it looks clay like, not natural. Keep in mind, this is only some of them, others work just fine.

After messing with the graphic settings, in an attempt to get the game to work again, I managed to get the CC working just fine but that was only until I put the game aside for the night. Today, I got on hoping that the game would be the same way I had left it the previous time (working) but it's back to how it was after I reset the settings. This time, no matter what settings I set the game on, nothing works. Does anyone know how to get this working? Every CC mod was fine up until I revert the game to the original settings.

Message 1 of 24 (68,195 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @bertltolt & @NiyNiy17

A few packs have interfered and broken various hairs and eyelashes, for example a very popular maker of was Kijiko(?) and they've redone all of their hairs and eyelashes. Also, there is the S4S (Sims 4 Studio) - it's great for many things apart from 'making' cc; including 'batch fixes' with just one click it can fix a lot of issues with cc hairs and more. I've used it for quite some time, it fixed a lot of my hairs, you can also sort through a lot of things via it. You may also need to update or even remove some hairs/eyelashes etc, as it may not fix all of them, as it's really up to the maker of the cc, to keep it updated to all the packs/sims updates.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile

I have no connection to EA

View in thread

Message 5 of 24 (69,741 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

Did you try resetting your game settings? Or did you put sim graphics high?
I don't know if it will help but it's worth a try.

Message 2 of 24 (68,109 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Are you on laptop mode? I had the same problem and I just switched off laptop mode and it returned to normal.

Message 3 of 24 (68,035 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
that did not work for me at all.
Message 4 of 24 (66,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @bertltolt & @NiyNiy17

A few packs have interfered and broken various hairs and eyelashes, for example a very popular maker of was Kijiko(?) and they've redone all of their hairs and eyelashes. Also, there is the S4S (Sims 4 Studio) - it's great for many things apart from 'making' cc; including 'batch fixes' with just one click it can fix a lot of issues with cc hairs and more. I've used it for quite some time, it fixed a lot of my hairs, you can also sort through a lot of things via it. You may also need to update or even remove some hairs/eyelashes etc, as it may not fix all of them, as it's really up to the maker of the cc, to keep it updated to all the packs/sims updates.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile

I have no connection to EA

Message 5 of 24 (69,742 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How to switch it?
Message 6 of 24 (66,067 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

You'll need to remove the broken and problematic hairs and eyelashes @SimmerBel that is, take them out of your mods folder. Find updated or different replacements that don't have a problem.

Also, LuniverSims Tray importer is handy for listing all cc used on a sim (or lot) if you have a lot of cc and it's hard to find, use that app (you'll need to do a search for it) you can search your sims (with the game also running) it will sometimes list the artist as well, so you may find they have updated it when you locate where they shared it in the first place. The Sims 4 Studio also lets you search all cc, therefore you can 'see' it, but is not 'per sim'.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

tray importer - luniversims

example: it was also very handy for finding the 'mod cc' that was making a maxis lot come across as 'modded', so using that tool I found I can no longer use the mod for 'place appliances anywhere' as it now makes 'all appliances' appear as cc.  I sometimes want to share a lot to the gallery without cc, so had to remove it from my game, stumbling across it accidentally while in a Maxis made lot was handy. Standard smile

Message 7 of 24 (66,043 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I don't know if this is still a problem for you but you can try:

lashes-version2-for-skin-detail-experimental from kijiko-catfood (edit crin: Removed linked. Please only name describe, don't link cc/mods at AHQ. It's against the TOS to do so)

The quality of the eyelashes depends on the eyeshadow you use. It works good with ea eyeshadows or, at least, with the ones I have seen.

Message 8 of 24 (65,201 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

All of the eyelashes in my sims 4 game do not look the way they should, they are dented and the bottom lashes of some of them are boxy and I know they should not look like this. I have had this issue for quite a while and didn't think much of it until I watched youtube videos and realized that this is not what they should look like. No matter what eyes I put on them, no matter if I use them from skin detail or accessories, this still seems to happen. I have tried messing with game options and laptop mode and many other things but I am out of ideas. I have looked it up and I can't seem to find anyone else with this problem. Can someone give me some advice?

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 10.33.53 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-27 at 10.34.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-27 at 10.34.11 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-27 at 10.29.55 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-27 at 10.29.46 AM.png

Message 9 of 24 (64,072 Views)

★★ Pro

Hi @sadie_rose7777 

Not the done thing to 'tack on' to a solved issue, either follow all the advice posted in this thread and / or start your own issue

Sasha

Message 10 of 24 (64,035 Views)