Re: HUGE BUG AFTER UPDATE

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

HUGE BUG AFTER UPDATE

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi Sims Community, 

I officially updated my game a week ago, for the free updates, and ever since then my game has been broken. 

Example 1: The update in regard to their genetics bar is not fully loaded. 

Example 2: When I go to change perspective it will not change the sim (further explained: if I go from a toddler to an adult it will not register that my adult has a phone now, "toddlers cannot have phones.")

The Worst Glitches 

Example 3: After I leave create a sim it does not show my sims whims, modlets or the actual sim picture, plus I can no longer control the game and have to fully exit. 

Example 4: When I go into build mode and come back it completely freezes my game, takes my control bars (gallery, camera view, build mode, manage worlds etc), and takes away the sims menu (calendar, phone, sim icon etc). Due to the lack of controls I cannot exit my game and save, or exit at all. The only way I can close down the sims application is by closing down my entire computer. 

It has been like this for a week now and I am extremely annoyed and frustrated. I just want to play my game! I went on to chat with EA support just a minuet ago, and their site is also down.

Is anyone having the same issues as me? How do I fix this? 

Thanks, 

Emily Luethy ([edit: email address removed])

Message 1 of 2 (424 Views)

Re: HUGE BUG AFTER UPDATE

@emilyluethy  Please remove the UI Cheats mod, if you have it.  It's the most common cause of... most of your issues, at least.  Test without the mod, and if any of these issues are still present, please remove your entire Mods folder, delete localthumbcache.package, and test again.  You don't need to save your game progress, so don't worry about any missing items warning.  The point is to establish whether any of these issues happen with no mods at all.  Let me know either way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (376 Views)