Re: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

by Sabiine28

Original Post

Accepted Solution

HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

★★★★★ Novice

HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

Whenever I open the Sims 3 Launcher, i get this error, and I also can't export anything due to internet problems, but my internet is doing just fine...

Is there anything I can do?

(Appearantly, I don't have IE11 on my Laptop. Even when I type in "Internet Explorer" in the search box, it finds nothing, so the tip with clearing that browser won't work on my laptop...)

I really want to export a build to the sims 3 page tho, so this really stresses me out xD

Any help is much appreciated!

Message 1 of 3 (887 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@Sabiine28  Hit Windows key-R, enter "appwiz.cpl" without quotes, and in the File Explorer window that opens, click "Turn Windows features on or off."  On the list of features, is Internet Explorer present, and is the box next to it checked?

The thing is, the launcher is definitely borrowing the resources of some browser, or at least trying to.  If it can't use IE, maybe it's using Chrome or Edge.  It's possible you need to clear the cache for that browser, and it's also possible that the launcher doesn't work correctly with the browser itself.  So I'm not sure whether the answer is to clear your browser's cache or to reenable IE, if it's not already enabled, and let the launcher use that instead.  You may need to try a few different things to get it to work.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (873 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@Sabiine28  Hit Windows key-R, enter "appwiz.cpl" without quotes, and in the File Explorer window that opens, click "Turn Windows features on or off."  On the list of features, is Internet Explorer present, and is the box next to it checked?

The thing is, the launcher is definitely borrowing the resources of some browser, or at least trying to.  If it can't use IE, maybe it's using Chrome or Edge.  It's possible you need to clear the cache for that browser, and it's also possible that the launcher doesn't work correctly with the browser itself.  So I'm not sure whether the answer is to clear your browser's cache or to reenable IE, if it's not already enabled, and let the launcher use that instead.  You may need to try a few different things to get it to work.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (874 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict thank you so much! Indeed, the box wasn't checked, so I checked it. And now everything's working fine Standard smile
Message 3 of 3 (801 Views)