HOLE IN MY FLOOR!?!?!?!?! Sims 3

by loveleh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

HOLE IN MY FLOOR!?!?!?!?! Sims 3

★★★ Newbie

I am currently building/editing my sims high rise. NOTE I am using the appropriate cheats. Today, after I placed a ladder then deleted it, a hole in my floor appeared, and I cannot place a floor tile over it. I have tried everthing I can think of: placing a collumn under it, using constrainfloorelevation false to flatten all the floor layers, adding walls under the floor for support, and even trying to use shift when placing floors to cover it. What do I do? I don't want to lose my game file, because I have worked very hard on both the characters, and the highrise as well.

For Stats

My game is fully updated

I have all the expansion packs installed up to and including Generations

Should I install another expansion pack? ( I have more just not installed )

I would prefer not to do this though seeing as I am just testing out each of them to learn all the features.

Message 1 of 8 (20,517 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: HOLE IN MY FLOOR!?!?!?!?! Sims 3

★★★ Newbie
I had the same problem but if you put the ladder back and then go to the floor above and grab the ladder at the top and delete it there, the holes should fill in automatically (at least, it worked for.me and the person I got this from)

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (23,038 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

i saw this issue reported on the sims 3 forums i'll have a look to see if there was a solotion and will post it here if i find it

edit to add it's in the bug thread on the IP forum http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/686687.page  sorry i do not have time to go through it to see if there is a solution

Message 2 of 8 (20,495 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had the same problem but if you put the ladder back and then go to the floor above and grab the ladder at the top and delete it there, the holes should fill in automatically (at least, it worked for.me and the person I got this from)
Message 3 of 8 (23,039 Views)

★★ Novice

You are a LIFE-SAVER! Thank you! :D

Message 4 of 8 (18,911 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for posting that.. it worked like a charm!

Message 5 of 8 (17,089 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yes, he is a life-saver.
Message 6 of 8 (16,556 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@CatinLibrary Thank you so much!! Been struggling with this annoying problem for weeks! Such a simple fix too 😁👍🏻
Message 7 of 8 (6,506 Views)

Community Manager
Great news @jeen1726! :D Be sure to hit that XP button on the post that helped you. Standard smile It will give some kudos to the poster who shared that advise.

Locking thread here to limit further necroposting.

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 8 of 8 (6,410 Views)