HELP! my sims 4 is giving me a blank white screen

by Chanel1993

Original Post

HELP! my sims 4 is giving me a blank white screen

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

today at 9am, i clicked on my sims4 to open it. once it opened it first showed the logo for about 10 to 15 seconds and then the entire screen minimized and i clicked on fullscreen but it was all just blank white and the music was still playing and no matter how much i clicked on exit it just wouldnt exit. I restarted my laptop like 3 times already and its still giving me the same thing. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it again at 10am and it didnt take until 1pm for it to finish downloading the whole game and the entire 16 game packs and extensions.....and once i clicked on it...SAME THING HAPPENED!!!! ...i am getting very very frustrated right now because i spent alot of money on all of the game packs/extensions this week.....i dont mind loosing all the game process that i have been saving, i only care that i want it to work again but like i just said, i spent alot of money on this. 

Message 1 of 3 (312 Views)

sims 4 wont work..blank screen

★★ Novice

This is my 2nd post for this day already...i am very despresd in need of help and i am very frustrated right now. Like i said on my last post, this morning i woke up and got on my SIMS 4...when it opened, only the full logo showed up and then it was like that for about 15 or 2 seconds and the entire screen got little....i maximise it and its totally just blank white. It doesnt even force exit out no matter how much i click the red x, the only way is to restart my laptop did it like 4 times already. I unistalled it and reinstalled it but the same thing happened!!!!! and the EA chat help support is no help at all!!! ...i already tried to do a game repair on the origins but it wont let me click on the "repair" option because its greyed out. Imvery frustrated right now i don't know what to do, i spend alot of money on this game with those game bundle packs and expansions. I really like playing SIMS4..i don't care if i loose all of my pogress that i have worked on, i just want it to work again and i really do not want to get to the point where i have to ask for a full refund. 

Message 2 of 3 (309 Views)

Re: HELP! my sims 4 is giving me a blank white screen

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Chanel1993
The problem may be related to the Windows system. Do you remember when was the last update of your Windows?
Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file to your post directly.
I don't work for EA

Message 3 of 3 (285 Views)