HELP - gone on sims and no families/anything

by Clearist

Original Post

HELP - gone on sims and no families/anything

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Last played sims April 2020, just logged on now and it's started as if I was to create my first ever family. Previously, I had numerous worlds and numerous families which I have played (as evident on origin as origin says I've played for 119 hours)... yet my families/world/houses have completed disappeared?! All of them! I try to click 'manage worlds' but its greyed out, as if I don't have any. Please I'm grateful for any reply or advice on what to do - super gutted as I had some good families on there with long history trees, am very confused as to where all of my game data has gone... help Frown

EDIT - I've just clicked repair on sims 4 on origin, in the hope it fixes it although I'm not optimistic (it's currently on 'verifying game files')

EDIT - I've 'repaired' it - my expansion packs have appeared but no families/worlds/households - please help

Message 1 of 2 (185 Views)

Re: HELP - gone on sims and no families/anything

@Clearist  Do you use OneDrive?  (If you're not sure, please check—it sometimes enables itself after a Windows update.)  If so, your files may have been uploaded to cloud storage and removed from your hard drive.  Please check OneDrive's Documents directory for any Sims 4-related content.

If you don't find anything there or OneDrive isn't active, you can search your hard drive(s) for your saves.  Open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, then enter Slot_ in the search bar in the upper right corner.  This should turn up any save files on your computer.  If you find them, highlight one and click "Open file location"; you'll land in the folder where your saves are.  You can move them back to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves, and the game should read them again.  This also goes for any Tray files you see in the same location.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (155 Views)