HELP!! Updated my game & my 4 saved families are gone!

by MzBlueInTenze

Original Post

Accepted Solution

HELP!! Updated my game & my 4 saved families are gone!

★★ Apprentice

Help! Since this last update, 4 of my saved families have disappeared from the Load Game tab. I used a PC and a very few CC. I had recently used Sims 4 Studio to make sure that all of my CC were working fine. After the update, I played my game for a while and sent my Sims to travel. The next screen was the screen of all the worlds. I return to the household, and played 4-Sims-days later and saved my game. I tried to have her to travel again, and the screen of all my worlds showed up. I return back to her home and saved the game. On today and after opening my game, 4 of my saved Sim families are gone!! They are not on my Load Game tab. The resume game sim was a family that I had played 3-4 months ago. I did not back-up my game. I have tried to go in my saves folder and removed the last 5 saves, and still no saved families! Please help! I am frustrated! I have spend 3 hours on reading and trying different ways to retrieve my lost 'saved families!!

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 11 (1,143 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: HELP!! Updated my game & my 4 saved families are gone!

@MzBlueInTenze  If you look at your saves, you can see some of them have an extra number in parentheses, for example Slot_00000011 (4).save from July 31.  That extra number prevents Sims 4 from reading the saves properly.  So try renaming that save to Slot_00000020.save (eight total digits: exactly six zeroes and then 20) and see whether it loads.  You can try the same with the other two saves with extra numbers as well; just make sure to give them different new numbers, e.g. 00000021 (again, eight digits).

If you can load the world but not a certain household, let me know whether whether you can load a different household within that save.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (1,012 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@MzBlueInTenze   Are yoiu playing on a pc? Did you activate (sign in) to OneDrive?

Message 2 of 11 (1,118 Views)

@MzBlueInTenze  Please try recovering a backup copy of one of your recent saves, as described here:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/recover-backup-save-game/

If that doesn't help, please post a screenshot of the contents of the saves folder, including the saves you've tried removing.

Message 3 of 11 (1,112 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have attached a screenshot of my saves folder. 

Thanks for your help in advance.

Message 4 of 11 (1,042 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I tried and it didn't work. Thanks!
Message 5 of 11 (1,041 Views)

@MzBlueInTenze  If you look at your saves, you can see some of them have an extra number in parentheses, for example Slot_00000011 (4).save from July 31.  That extra number prevents Sims 4 from reading the saves properly.  So try renaming that save to Slot_00000020.save (eight total digits: exactly six zeroes and then 20) and see whether it loads.  You can try the same with the other two saves with extra numbers as well; just make sure to give them different new numbers, e.g. 00000021 (again, eight digits).

If you can load the world but not a certain household, let me know whether whether you can load a different household within that save.

Message 6 of 11 (1,013 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It worked!!! I have all on my saved families back!! Thanks x 10000000000!!!

I will back my game up. I will learn how to save to One Drive, too

Thanks again!!

Message 7 of 11 (914 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue after I did an update. EA sent me the same steps that you shared with the other player and I still don't have my Sims back. I did want to ask should I have all the saves from 2014 deleted or does it matter. I did change the latest save by removing ver and renaming it the exact way you shared. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 8 of 11 (807 Views)

@teecoss1  Please post a screenshot of your saves, including the address bar above the list of files.

Message 9 of 11 (793 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too!! Except that I looked in my saved files and the tray files and there's nothing in there, and I had at least 4 families saved! 

Please help!!

Message 10 of 11 (658 Views)