Re: HELP! The bottom right panels of the game are completely glitched out

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

HELP! The bottom right panels of the game are completely glitched out

★★★ Novice

Ever sense the update in early November, my sims 4 game has been a disaster. Here are the problems I'm having with the game:

-For the relationship panel, only one person that the sim knows shows up in a random spot on the panel, and the rest is left blank. Which means you can't invite over certain sims because the game randomly picks a sim to put in their relationship panel. Its completely random and you cant scroll through and veiw the relationships because its left blank except for a randomly chosen sim.

-Our sims stand completely frozen and dont do anything we tell them to do.

- The simoligy panel is THE WORST. We've had get famous for quite a while, and we have parenting too, but when I am playing any of the sims, the simoligy panel is completely glitched. It looks very broken and the symbols for things such as responsibility and manners are all over the place, not in there designated spots. For the scales such as the scale to see how responsible your sim is, the meter goes around and around and doesn't stop randomly moving. The age "days till age up" panel is exteremely glitched out, the words being to low on the screen and the green meter to see how far your sim is into their stage of life is unclear. The boxes that are supposed to list out their traits are randomly glitched over the panel and its hard to tell at all what I'm looking at. The whole simoligy tab is glitched out and unreadable, and its impossible to tell any information about our sims.

My sister and I together have tried everything in our power. We fixed the frozen sims problem by removing all peices of Cc as a process of illimination to get rid of broken CC bits, but the other problems with the glitching out can't seem to be fixed. Ive looked through what seems to be the entire internet and I can't find a single article or question on this problem. We've repaired the game and done everything in our power but I don't know what to do anymore!

Message 1 of 7 (9,184 Views)

@Maximum0Dinosaur  Please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether the same problems happen in a new save.  Let me know either way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (9,170 Views)

★★★ Novice

This didn't change a thing, It's still the exact same way it was before. 

Message 3 of 7 (9,154 Views)

@Maximum0Dinosaur  Are you playing in an existing save, or a new one you started for this purpose?  Sometimes people's user folders are stored in OneDrive and redownloaded, in which case you'd still have the same potentially borked files present as before.  One easy way to bypass this is to disable OneDrive's automatic syncing of Documents:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98...

If that's not the issue, please try changing the in-game resolution a few times, in both fullscreen and windowed modes, to see whether it makes a difference.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 7 (9,149 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This helped me. Tho what's the next step from now on?

Message 5 of 7 (8,467 Views)

★★★ Newbie

SOLVED: Removing UI Cheats Extensions folder helps. You can still keep all your mods in there, just remove this folder.

Message 6 of 7 (8,464 Views)

Community Manager
Wonderful. Thanks for sharing that @LyanaFay.

I'll close this thread out from here to limit necroposting.

Thanks,

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 7 of 7 (8,460 Views)