Re: HELP!! Sims 4 control panel has disappeared. No live, build/buy mode

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

Hi @kinga_uk91

you're probably using one or more outdated mods. Mods need to be updated/checked with each patch.

Best thing to do (if you haven't played in a while) is to remove all your mods, delete the localthumbcache.package file and then re-download everything you still want to use with the newest version.

If you also have custom content like hair/clothing/objects, check those as well but you don't have to redowload everything. If you have broken stuff, you can try batch-fix it with S4Studio (just google)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 65 (8,727 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don’t know if this is the same problem but I had no controls at all and I couldnt see time or the task bar. I just hit the Tab key and it all came back.

Message 32 of 65 (8,652 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am having the same problem but mine is when I go into build mode and back out. I play Pc version and have NO Mods or CC. I have never used any. I have no control in the game this is so very annoying and I can't even play like this. My issue also started happening after the latest patch there has to be some reason behind this. I will attach a screen shot of what it looks like now. 

Message 33 of 65 (8,583 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@MangoTangoTwist 

Did you accidentally hit the TAB key?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 34 of 65 (8,578 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

i'm having a serious with my control panel disappearing it happens after i use the build mode and click back on to live mode and when i get my sim to travel. i've tried everything removing all my folders putting them into desktop and restarting the game and putting them back, that did nothing. i dont have cheat extension thing or menu-enabler,package. i do have cc and i've fixing any issues with that and there is no issues. my game is unplayable at the moment. how do i fix this

Message 35 of 65 (8,506 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Sophieee09 

Please read my answer above.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 36 of 65 (8,510 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
No i didn't hit tab button. and i have tried repairing my game several times
Message 37 of 65 (8,505 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Did you try pressing TAB?

Try doing a factory reset as described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

Message 38 of 65 (8,458 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I've done a reset on it still nothing
Message 39 of 65 (8,441 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

After doing a factory reset did you then start a new Game for testing?

Do not put anything back before doing the testing.

Message 40 of 65 (8,421 Views)