Re: HELP! My sim body sliders are not there!

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

HELP! My sim body sliders are not there!

★★★ Novice

HELP! My sim body sliders are not there, i deleted a cache file, i deleted , they're not there! I can't even change my sim's body properly. Body options aren't available either.

Message 1 of 6 (14,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@imiibae

I noticed this.

On certain sims the body sliders disappear. I was never able to figure out why they are gone on certain ones and not others.

You can still "adjust" them with mods like MCCC. It's under like MCCC Cas\Sim Physique. That way actually IS a lot faster for adjusting a sim's fitness\fatness because you don't actually have to take them into CAS to adjust. It goes from -100 (super thin) to 0 (normal) to 100 (super fat).

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (14,347 Views)

★★★ Novice

thanks, I think also you can't change their physique after a while, especially when like my sim has had 6 kids lol. maybe sims stop you from editing the body fully after a while to keep the realism? idk it's weird.

Also i read a thread here where someone had the same problem, and someone replied saying that you should remove a cache folder? I did (it was empty anyway) and now when i play sims it said "items have been removed, some build mode items won't be available". Is that normal?

Message 3 of 6 (14,312 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@imiibae If that message appeared immediately after deleting files, then you might have deleted the wrong thing. I'd do a game repair in origin.
Message 4 of 6 (14,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi! Maybe you’re referring to altering sims while creating a new sim but if it’s cas.fulleditmode, is there a possibility your sim is pregnant? I had this problem with a female sim and I could only change her face. I thought my game was broken and then I read somewhere this. She was pregnant. Hope it’s helpful

Message 5 of 6 (14,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@imiibae If you see a post that recommends deleting a cache file it's mostly likely they are referring to the localthumbcache.package file in your Sims 4 folder. This file is safe to delete as the game will auto-generate a new cache file the next time you launch it. If you are getting a missing content (items have been removed) message perhaps you deleted some CC files?

I've seen the same thing that @beatrix137 mentioned. I once tried to edit a female Sim in the Manage Households menu and her sliders were missing even though I had made changes to this Sim before. When I did some further checking on this Sim she was indeed pregnant. After she had her baby I was able to adjust her sliders again like normal. If you are using the cas.fulleditmode cheat to edit an existing Sim make sure you have testingcheats on before you enter the cas.fulleditmode cheat into a command console window (aka cheat window). 

Message 6 of 6 (14,243 Views)