HELP!! My Sims Are Disappearing!!!

by claramj

Original Post

HELP!! My Sims Are Disappearing!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I got a new computer, with better graphics and everything, so I installed my game on it, and played once, with a couple with a toddler, then when I went back and played a lone Sim for awhile, then stopped! Next day I went to play the lone sim, and it was showing her as if she wasn't there, even though she was, but there was no picture of her in the left corner, and I couldn't do anything with her, because it said she wasn't there, when she was! 

I quit that game and went to the main menu, and went back to my couple with the toddler, and this time the toddler was missing, he was shown as part of the family, but when I entered the lot, he wasn't there, just the parents! 

I did at first have a few mods in the game, MC Commander, but it worked fine with it, but later I added some stuff from an adult mod (the site isn't allowing me to put the whole word so I hope you understand what I am saying) , without the adult mod  its self, I had forgot it! And that I believed was the cause! 

So I removed all of that, it still didn't work, I tried using repair game, that didn't work, then I uninstalled the game, and re-installed it, and it is still doing it! So now I have no idea what is causing it! PLEASE HELP ME!

EDIT: There's a reason the mods name gets censored. Please only use adult mod instead of naming the mod in any way. Thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (425 Views)

Re: HELP!! My Sims Are Disappearing!!!

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@claramj

This adult mod modifies your save and changes files there. Removing this mod will not reverse these changes.
If this mod broke your game, you will not fix it. I suppose it was rather outdated animations what caused it.
But the reason for this could also be the out-dated CC, so try first eliminate this possibility.
Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods.

If the game will work without mods, it means that this mod was OK and did not spoil your save
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method
If it will not work then we'll try another method later

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (417 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Did everything you said, and it didn't work! Its like now I can not ever use any mods at all, just because of that W mod! which really makes little sense to me, since it is no longer on my PC, and I reinstalled my game, twice now! Along with the repair I have tried now 3 times for each new install!
And every time I reinstall it, it brings back my saved games, which makes no sense, especially since I took them out before I uninstalled the game, so how could it!
Its only after I deleted them completely, that it didn't!
Its like this stupid W mod as ruined not only my game forever, but infected my new computer too, to keep me from ever being able to have any mods!

I haven't put any CC in it, because just wanted a few mods, not CC! But something tells me it will do the same thing!

The thing is if the household has a couple and a child, the child always becomes unplayable, like a NPC, but, you can't use cheat to put them in your family like with NPC's!

My single Sim was actually a homeless teen sim, and she also became on playable, when there was no other Sims in the household!

So it seems to just effect children, whether apart of a whole family or apart, I can't play with them if I have any Mods no matter what kind!
I was just using a skill faster mod, which I have used for years on my other PC, and no problems at all!
Is it possible that the W mod effected the other mods? That maybe if I get rid of the ones I had when I had the W mod, and redownloaded them again, that maybe it might work?

Of course that doesn't explain how Origin knows to put back my saved games , even after I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled, I don't recall it doing that before!

Do you have any other ideas!
Message 3 of 4 (383 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well I think I have fixed it myself, what I mentioned before about that W mod maybe messing up the other mods I had in the game, that maybe replacing them with newly downloaded versions would work, well it did! 

I just removed all the ones that had been used with the W mod, and replaced them all with newly downloaded ones, checked my game and everything seems fine now! 

I am keeping my original post here as is, to help others who might need it one this problem! 

I mean I wish I had known all I had to do is get rid of the mods that had been in my game with the W mod, and replace them with newly downloaded ones from the start, it would have saved me a lot of trouble! 

I hope maybe my post will help someone else!

Message 4 of 4 (376 Views)