Re: HELP! GAME WONT WORK! >_<

by youused2bweird

Original Post

HELP! GAME WONT WORK! >_<

★★★ Novice

As of a few days ago, my Sims suddenly WILL NOT WORK. It loads the first time to the Household screen. Then I pick a household, and it literally WILL NOT LOAD. It gets most of the way there and STOPS. Ive waited 2 hours before, before using task manager to close it. I am NOT getting black screens or anything. Ive tried removing Custom Content and mods, Ive tried restarting my computer, Ive even tried doing a factory reset. Ive misplaced my box of sims games since we moved, and whileas I know I can redownload them through origin (I think), I REALLY want to keep that as a last ditch effort. But Im becoming desperate. I REALLY MISS SIMS! :womansad: Help! PLEASE.

Message 1 of 12 (422 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello!

First of all try to check your Sims3 game is upto date or not. You can try this here:- Sims 3 updated.

If not then you will need to update your game.

Also try clean boot your PC.

Message 2 of 12 (414 Views)

Hero

Did you  rename the user folder or did you reset your computer to factory settings ?

You don't need to reinstall your game for a game factory reset.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (413 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

The launcher says my game is up to date. Also, I did the factory reset properly, by renaming The Sims 3 folder to The Sims 3 Old, and doing everything along those lines. Thank you for replying so quickly. Please keep giving me ideas. Frown

Message 4 of 12 (411 Views)

★★★ Novice

I checked anyway, about the update. It says the latest patch was 1.67....

My thingy said this.

GameVersion = 16.0.136.019001
Code:0.RL-2.0.190
Asset:1.ep8-0.rl.3
Thumbnails:1.Thumbnailep8.dl.449
CiderVersion#008453

16.0 ? Im confused.

Message 5 of 12 (410 Views)

Hero

What does your launcher say ? If you check the file of the expasion, it will give you the version of the expansion.

You have to check the file in the base game folder for the base game version.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (402 Views)

★★★ Novice

OH, SORRY. 

GameVersion = 1.67.2.024001
Code:0.RL-2.0.209
Asset:1.Content.rl.41
Thumbnails:1.Thumbnail.dl.933
TCC:1.TCC.dl.1209

There we go. Yep, up to date.

FrownPLEASE keep trying...

Message 7 of 12 (398 Views)

★★★ Novice

I get the "Unable to connect to origin" message, if that helps. 

I have the following mods by Nraas: Woohooer, Sleep Freedom, Relativity, NoCD, and Mover.

Id recently gotten the Naked mods or whatever, but I got rid of them in case that caused the glitch. It didnt help.

None of my saves are corrupt.

Message 8 of 12 (395 Views)

Hero

Did you make sure those mods match your patch level ?

Does it load when you remove them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (390 Views)

★★★ Novice

How do I know if they match my patch level? Idk, Ive not tried removing all the mods, Im a little worried to Frown I guess I could always redownload them..

Message 10 of 12 (386 Views)