Re: HELP! Ever since the September Update!!!

by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

HELP! Ever since the September Update!!!

★★★ Novice

Eveytime i try to move an object a second time cc or not it turns into ashes. If i save and exit my game and come back to the same house some stuff will have disappeared and turned into ashes. Also my game will not let me play in play mode it freezes at the loading screen every time and i have to exit my game or it will stay loading.. I can only go into build mode from the world view. Please help. This has only been happening since the emergency update on September 17th..

Message 1 of 7 (666 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

Very happy you were able to solve your issues. Thumbs up
I apologize for not being more clear. Embarrassed I will try to remember to reword my future replies to be better understood.  Standard smile
"" Does CC needed updated too? Or is there a way to find out what in my clutter folder is making it give that message? Or do i need to just delete that folder and download new ones?""

Your best bet is delete the old folder and download new. Be sure to check the dates on the content and ask verify with the creator to be sure it will work with the current game patch version. It is also a good plan to recheck cc/mods after each patch.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (517 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@cakebanger 
Not sure how to test something I am not seeing in my game. You did mention having cc (custom content) in your game so let's start there.

Just to be thorough are you playing on PC or Mac?

There was another patch update 03 October 2019 PC 1.56.52.1020  / Mac 1.56.52.1220 - have you applied that patch as well?

It would be a good idea to test on a new save with a clean folder.
The simplest way is to do the following steps:
Rename your The Sims4 folder in Documents\ElectronicArts to Sims4_Backup
That will preserve all your saves and content so nothing is lost.
Test with a new save game to see if the issues are still there.
If the game works correctly you will need to test your mods /custom content (CC) to see which they are causing the problem.
When adding/testing/deleting mods and/or cc it is important to delete the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files.
Using the 50/50 method is suggested to speed up the process.
You will need to delete mods /custom content (CC) until you can get an updated version from the creator.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 2 of 7 (645 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yes i have updated on october 3rd still have the same problem. And my cc isn't the problem I've taken out the cc and tried that way still have the same issue, ive tried doing it as a new game still have that issue. I've also tried repairing my game. Im playing on PC

Message 3 of 7 (623 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Thank you for the additional information.

Please bear with me while I try to help.
When you took out the cc did you also also delete the localthumbnailcache.package file?
Also it sounds like you tried a new game and the issue still exists.
To clarify you started with a totally new folder and nothing there except what the game generates.
Is that correct? Has the freezing issue been resolved?
If a new folder did not solve the freezing that may require some deeper investigation.

Back to the original question of things turning to ashes. I have been asking other helpers about this and a much older thread was brought to my attention. In that one items bought at festivals / flea markets {City Living} were turning to ashes.
Does this sound like what is happening in your game? If this describes your issue please let us know.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Objects-bought-at-festival-turn-to-ashes/m-p/5890326#M353...

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 4 of 7 (575 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay so after rereading your comment I understood what you meant better. Originally i just tried in a new game but with the same game but then I realized you meant to basically "reset" my game (i didnt know how but i watched videos on how to do it) after i did that i opened my game and just made a test sim and tried the game and it worked it let me go into 'play mode' it also fixed the whatever was causing my objects to turn to ashes. So i closed the game and moved my save file into the new game along with my mods and cc and this time when i opended it everything still was working fine but then when i went to play in game it said "game error reccommended to restart" and so i figured it was my cc so i did the 50/50 method and i have all my cc originized and everything worked fine but just my "clutter" folder which has clutter objects thats the only one that when i would have in my game i would get that error message. But now i don't understand because I've had everything in my clutter folder since the beginning of August i haven't downloaded anything new, and i always always take my mods and cc out before updating my game and I keep up to date when a new mod as been updated. Does CC needed updated too? Or is there a way to find out what in my clutter folder is making it give that message? Or do i need to just delete that folder and download new ones? Thank you again though for your help so far!! Also yes that is basically what was happening with my 'objects turning to ashes' but it wasn't things that i had got from festivals or flea markets it was random objects in the catalog in build/buy mode some were base came objects such as flowers, clutter, pictures. 

Message 5 of 7 (545 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Very happy you were able to solve your issues. Thumbs up
I apologize for not being more clear. Embarrassed I will try to remember to reword my future replies to be better understood.  Standard smile
"" Does CC needed updated too? Or is there a way to find out what in my clutter folder is making it give that message? Or do i need to just delete that folder and download new ones?""

Your best bet is delete the old folder and download new. Be sure to check the dates on the content and ask verify with the creator to be sure it will work with the current game patch version. It is also a good plan to recheck cc/mods after each patch.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 6 of 7 (518 Views)

★★★ Novice

Your fine!! I think i just misunderstood cause i didn't know how/that you could reset your game like that! I appreciate your help so much!! Thank you again 😊😊

Message 7 of 7 (499 Views)