Grim reaper won't collect dead sims. (sims 4)

by sophie8193

Original Post

Grim reaper won't collect dead sims. (sims 4)

★★ Novice

Two of my sims reached the end of their life, the grim reaper came but it won't take their bodies. This has happened in two of my games now thinking it was just a glitch on my first game. I've tried cheats and they won't work. I am unable to save the game or exit. 

Message 1 of 8 (23,531 Views)

Re: Grim reaper won't collect dead sims. (sims 4)

Hero

Which cheats did you try ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (23,512 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried 

Testingcheats true

Shift-click the body/grim reaper (nothing comes up)

Space-shift-click body/grim reaper(nothing comes up)

I also cleared their inventory and that doesn't work either

Message 3 of 8 (23,503 Views)

Hero

Try resetsim firstname lastname (of the dead Sim) then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (23,490 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same problem! It has happened in different families, but all the Sims have died of old age so I cant say if its an issue with other deaths. I dont even have a chance to reset the sim because the game crashes everytime! Grim shows up, reaps the dead (the light-thingie comes out of the body) but the body doesnt disappear and then the game gets stuck on people crying around the body for about 10 seconds and then it crashes. I saved the game right before the death, so when I reopen the game the same Sim dies and the same thing happens and the game crashes again... I got around it by moving old sims to a different family before restarting the family I was playing in play-mode, but thats obviously not ideal... Its frustrating!! This problem has only showed up today... Can it have anything to do with resurrecting the sims tons of times before this? I used the death plant on Grim probably 20 times on these few Sims to keep them alive a bit longer but now when I have started to let them die and not plead or give Grim the flower the problem started. Before this I had no problems! I have also never used to death flower in any game before but it can be related to this right?

Message 5 of 8 (23,484 Views)

★★ Novice

That worked for me but now the Grim Reaper won't leave. I can't ask him to leave or anything! 

Message 6 of 8 (23,471 Views)

★ Novice
Hold shift then click the grim reaper and add him to your household then the sims will turn to their urns that’s how I solved my problem hope it works for you!😊
Message 7 of 8 (22,806 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks so much! That fixed the problem for me =) 

Message 8 of 8 (22,325 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help