by Sid1701d9

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Grim reaper doesn't appear in Sulani

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Vampires, Island Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Kill a sim and see if the grim reaper shows up.
What happens when the bug occurs? Currently playing on Sulani, the new world in island living. When a sim dies, the grim reaper does not appear. I had two sims die of old age at the same time (what are the odds!) and the grim reaper did not appear. Another sim of mine just died of fire and the grim reaper did not appear. Both times the sims go through with the death animation, then disappear into the urn. I am not able to plead with the grim reaper since he doesnt show up (not too worried about that since I didn't mind these specific sims dying).
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the grim reaper appear as usual. It was normal yesterday before playing island living.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hey there!

As the title suggests, the Grim Reaper is not appearing on Sulani. I have had two sims die of old age at the same time and he did not appear. Another sim just died of a fire and again, he did not appear.

Everything was fine yesterday before I played Island Living. Not sure if he wont appear because of the world chosen, or if it is because of a bug with the new expansion.

Cheers!

Message 1 of 21 (4,079 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [IL] Grim reaper doesn't appear

Champion

@PerryVoyages, I tested my game on Sulani and the Grim Reaper did show up.  But I have never had Mods or CC in my game.  Even though you have removed them (which is a good thing to do when you are having problems Angel ) sometimes the effects of the mods/CC remain. Disappointed  Please do the following:

1) Move your mods folder to your Desktop (which you already did)

2) Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder

3) Fix your game in Origin by logging in to Origin and go to Library.  Then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the option to "Repair Game".  Wait until Origin fixes all packs you own and not just the base game.

Now, when you turn on your game again, the game will create a new mods folder that will be empty. Check to see if your game now works! (Kill a Sim on purpose, you don't have to save the game as it is just a test).Wink

Please try these steps and report back to inform me of what happens.  If for some reason the Grim Reaper still doesn't show up, I can try to help you further. Standard smile

Best of luck! Fingers crossed

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 21 (3,975 Views)

★ Novice

I just tested it with a random sim I just made and the Grim Reaper did in fact show up!

I hope it stays this way for future Sim deaths. If the problem persists in the future I will reply back to this thread. As of now I have no intention of redownloading mods presently so it should run smoothly.

Thanks for the help!

Message 3 of 21 (3,942 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Grim Reaper will not appear if you die in a pool of water, grim will grab you from a dark portal and pull your sim in, and leave a version of the tombstone above the water.

Message 4 of 21 (3,905 Views)

Re: Grim reaper doesn't appear

★★ Novice

I'm having this problem with my lot on Sulani too - tried removing all mods/cc, taking out the mod folder and localthumbcache, then repaired the game as per advice but still no Grim. The death happens, then after a minute or so the gravestone appears on its own.  Have only had this since Island Living was added, and am playing on an Island Living lot (the one on the sand bar). Might try another world and see if its the whole game or just Sulani. 

Message 5 of 21 (3,842 Views)

★★ Novice
@k8nz update - tried killing a sim in Brindleton Bay using the same game save file, Grim arrived as per normal, so seems to be limited to Sulani.
Message 6 of 21 (3,836 Views)

Hero
@k8nz So it seems random. There's issues with the non-sulani Sims not showing up properly in Sulani so maybe the grim reaper is affected in some ways.

Could you try if it happens on all lots in Sulani or if it maybe is specific to certain lots ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 21 (3,804 Views)

★ Guide

I've lost two sims now for old age living in Sulani. They died on different lots (I moved the family in between) and both times there was no Reaper, they just turned to urns.

Message 8 of 21 (3,771 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Mine does it too while my Sim is on a movie set. I have to restart the game.
Message 9 of 21 (3,747 Views)

Hero
@kelleej_2001 When your active Sim dies or an NPC ? Every time or just one time ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 21 (3,715 Views)