by crinrict

Original Post

Grey Llamas, Houses/lots Disappeared

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? university, island living, famous, seasons, cats and dogs, get together, city living, get to work, jungle adventure, parenthood, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, moschino stuff, vintage stuff, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know. I don't know why it's happening.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am on Manage World's and suddenly some weird icons of grey llamas have popped up in almost every single different sim world. Now there are certain houses and lots in each sim world that have completely disappeared and I have no idea why. I have tried almost everything to try and get it to go away and to bring my houses back but nothing has seemed to work. I have restarted the game and reset origin and redownloaded it. I've tried going onto build mode to be able to save the lots into my library but there is sometimes a house on manage worlds, and then in build mode there is just an empty lot so that's not working. I have tried removing my save files and backing them up and repairing the game, restarting and putting the save files back into the sims 4 folder and still the problem persists. Some houses look fine on manage worlds but when you look at the value of the lot is says it's only worth '3000' even though it's a massive, fully furnished house, and then you click to play it and the lot is empty despite showing the house fine on manage worlds. I'm sick of going back and forth. I've put so much time and effort into these houses so I'm quite annoyed that they're just gone Frown THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING! Please help Frown
What do you expect to see? I expect to see houses and lots where I've put them and built them in the different worlds. I expect to be able to play the different households in the houses that I put a lot of effort into making. I don't expect to see grey llamas everywhere.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am on Manage World's and suddenly some weird icons of grey llamas have popped up in almost every single different sim world. Now there are certain houses and lots in each sim world that have completely disappeared and I have no idea why. I have tried almost everything to try and get it to go away and to bring my houses back but nothing has seemed to work. I have restarted the game and reset origin and redownloaded it. I've tried going onto build mode to be able to save the lots into my library but there is sometimes a house on manage worlds, and then in build mode there is just an empty lot so that's not working. I have tried removing my save files and backing them up and repairing the game, restarting and putting the save files back into the sims 4 folder and still the problem persists.
Some houses look fine on manage worlds but when you look at the value of the lot is says it's only worth '3000' even though it's a massive, fully furnished house, and then you click to play it and the lot is empty despite showing the house fine on manage worlds.
I'm sick of going back and forth. I've put so much time and effort into these houses so I'm quite annoyed that they're just gone Frown
THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING! Please help Frown

Edit By Crinrict: Removed all-caps from title

Message 1 of 4 (834 Views)

Re: Grey Llamas, Houses/lots Disappeared

Hero
@LiGo1996 Did you just make new backups or did you try an older save if it's the same ? Does it also happen on a fresh save for testing purposes or is it this save only that's affected ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (825 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It doesn’t happen on a fresh save, no. It was completely fine. When I put my save files back into the sims 4 folder it started it again

Message 3 of 4 (818 Views)

Hero
@LiGo1996 Did you check if you have a backup of the save where it doesn't happen yet ?

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (791 Views)