Re: Green bar get 99% full, then stops. HELP!

by EmilyK41197

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Green bar get 99% full, then stops. HELP!

★★★ Newbie
So I've been playing sims for years and this has never happened to me before! 2 days ago my game worked fine but yesterday when I tried to open the game, it won't load past the 2nd screen (after I select the active family). It will load about 99% and then just STOP! I have no mods but I have custom content from the Exchange. I have the World Adventures, Seasons, Pets, Generations, Town Life Stuff, Katy Perry Showtime and of course the base pack. I also have the newest update. PLEASE HELP! Standard smile
Message 1 of 18 (30,488 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

This happens when you have a corrupted file in your saved game. Go to your saves folder on your Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 3 , see if you have a file in your saves folder that has the exact same name as the game you're currently playing but ending in .backup  If you do, then copy the files in that folder and replace them with the ones on the folder that has the name of the game that you're playing but ending in .sims3  After you do this, the game should load normally. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (35,569 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

This happens when you have a corrupted file in your saved game. Go to your saves folder on your Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 3 , see if you have a file in your saves folder that has the exact same name as the game you're currently playing but ending in .backup  If you do, then copy the files in that folder and replace them with the ones on the folder that has the name of the game that you're playing but ending in .sims3  After you do this, the game should load normally. 

Message 2 of 18 (35,570 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Oh my goodness thank you sooooo much! You have no idea how scared I was that I was going to lose my 4th generation family!
Message 3 of 18 (30,468 Views)

★ Pro
I know how scared you were, I've been in your situation before and I was having a lot of panic attacks! Happy to help, happy siming Standard smile
Message 4 of 18 (30,461 Views)

★★★ Newbie
So it worked the first time I did it, but after I quit playing yesterday and tried to play again today, THE SAME THING HAPPENED Frown what should I do now?
Message 5 of 18 (30,448 Views)

★ Pro

You should do the same again, it seems your game is putting some corrupted files in your saved game. You might have some bad CC. Do the same thing you did yesterday and when you open the sim launcher, select ''run without custom content''.

Message 6 of 18 (30,443 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've tried to do what you told me to do the first time at least 5 times but it didn't work, will it really work if I remove the custom content? Almost everything in my house and on my sims is CC Frown
Message 7 of 18 (30,441 Views)

★ Pro
There is a corrupted file in your game, that's why it won't load, check the "run without custom content" on the sims launcher, if the game loads its because of have some bad CC. If after you do this the game still won't load then post back here.
Message 8 of 18 (30,418 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That didn't work for me either and I have no CC.... Frown

Message 9 of 18 (30,412 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I tried the copy files, but sadly I'm confused dearly on what to do. Would you mind explaining this process again?

Message 10 of 18 (30,133 Views)