Re: Green bar get 99% full, then stops. HELP!

by alexa12045

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

So, the first post that Gardin said? 

• go to documents:\\electronicarts:\\sims3:\\saves and find the save file that you've been having trouble with
  • Look for the exact name but the one ending in .backup
  • Change it to something like .asa and then go to your current file (ending only in .sim3) and make that .backup
  • Now make your .asa simply read .sim3
  • Try start it again 
Message 11 of 18 (5,174 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what if you dont have any saved files in that document?

@Gardia wrote:

This happens when you have a corrupted file in your saved game. Go to your saves folder on your Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 3 , see if you have a file in your saves folder that has the exact same name as the game you're currently playing but ending in .backup  If you do, then copy the files in that folder and replace them with the ones on the folder that has the name of the game that you're playing but ending in .sims3  After you do this, the game should load normally. 

Message 12 of 18 (5,024 Views)

★★ Novice

To be honest I was a bit confused too but I found this simple way and I hope it works for you Standard smile

1. Go in to your electronic arts in your documents folder
  2. Go to the search bar and search .backup
  3. Then select the game you are playing on
  4. Delete all files in there
Message 13 of 18 (4,583 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you so much for your post. I have 3 years of game play invested in this town. Your advice saved me from having to start from scratch.
Message 14 of 18 (4,258 Views)

★ Novice

I cant see any ".backup" files :/

Message 15 of 18 (2,751 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Greenz051  You need to follow the path: Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Saves. The game itself saves a backup from the next to last time your game was saved with the option Save; if you always use Save As you won't have them - but instead you'll have your own previous saves to go back to. If you explain your problem though, I might be able to help.

Message 16 of 18 (2,736 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just did this and now it won’t let me do anything in the game Frown won’t even let me see my stats

Message 17 of 18 (996 Views)

@Emzander  This thread is quite old, so I'll lock it here.  Please create a new thread describing your issue and listing the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far that haven't worked.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 18 of 18 (994 Views)