Green and Black dots all over sims

by smallmight146

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Green and Black dots all over sims

★ Novice

As of the update i've had a problem with my sims and they have these green and black pixels all over them. At first i thought it involved mods and Cc (which it could still be) so i removed them, deleted the localthumbcache and repaired my game. The first time it worked and everything was fine for about 3 hours until my game bugged out entirely (like a black and white screen) and they had come back. I did the same procedure again, but this time it did not work. There is no cc or mods in my game in the attached screenshot (thus why they are bald lol). Does anyone know how to fix this?

Message 1 of 6 (696 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Green and Black dots all over sims

@smallmight146  I've moved your thread to the PC tech section since this looks like a system issue rather than a problem with Sims 4.  The driver for your computer's graphics chip is over a year old, and your dxdiag lists a number of errors related to the driver, so you'll need to update it.  First though, please run a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the box to check for updates.  If any install, restart again afterwards.

You can get the newest driver for your laptop from the Dell download page:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-14-5410-2-in-1-laptop/drive...

You're looking for the Intel UHD/Iris Xe driver dated May 10.  Download it manually (don't use Dell's support tool), and run the driver as an admin: right-click on the download and select "Run as administrator."  If you have the option to perform a clean install, please do so; it might be buried under a custom or manual install option.  Restart your computer after the driver installs and before trying to play.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (621 Views)

All Replies

@smallmight146  Are you saying you added back your mods and cc, and the problem returned; or that the problem returned while the mods and cc weren't present?  If it's the latter, please continue to play without the content—some of it may be broken and in need of updating.

If this problem happens with no mods or cc present, does your computer run Windows or macOS?  If Windows, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If you have a Mac, please list its full specs: everything under About This Mac except for the serial number.

Message 2 of 6 (658 Views)

★ Novice

it did this without the mods as well. I noticed it happens inside lots, not when my sims are roaming the world. I also use Windows

Message 3 of 6 (650 Views)

★ Novice

here is the Dxdiag

Message 4 of 6 (646 Views)

@smallmight146  I've moved your thread to the PC tech section since this looks like a system issue rather than a problem with Sims 4.  The driver for your computer's graphics chip is over a year old, and your dxdiag lists a number of errors related to the driver, so you'll need to update it.  First though, please run a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the box to check for updates.  If any install, restart again afterwards.

You can get the newest driver for your laptop from the Dell download page:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-14-5410-2-in-1-laptop/drive...

You're looking for the Intel UHD/Iris Xe driver dated May 10.  Download it manually (don't use Dell's support tool), and run the driver as an admin: right-click on the download and select "Run as administrator."  If you have the option to perform a clean install, please do so; it might be buried under a custom or manual install option.  Restart your computer after the driver installs and before trying to play.

Message 5 of 6 (622 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much! That fixed the glitch!

Message 6 of 6 (591 Views)