Graphics glitch ?

by cutemilk

Original Post

Graphics glitch ?

★★★★★ Novice

There's an in game graphics glitch. I can't describe it very well so see attached video below. On zoom in/out the sim loses detail. This does not happen on every sim and not only one one. I have cross referenced cc and cannot find a specific piece causing this. I have updated all mods so it can't be them causing this. 

Message 1 of 3 (240 Views)

Re: Graphics glitch ?

Champion (Retired)

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (210 Views)

Re: Graphics glitch ?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

If you don't download or use CC, then ignore this :D.

Looks like what COULD essentially a mesh problem with CC. Sometimes CC for clothing items that you can download actually was based on the template (mesh) of another item, and it won't work unless you also have the original mesh. This is very easy to overlook and miss if you are just seeing eye-candy and adding things to your basket or downloadin' all willy nilly, heh.  If this sounds familiar, then your best bet is to use CAS to try to identify the name of the item that your sim is wearing, and then go and search in your mods folder for those keywords to delete it OR google it or go directly to where you downloaded it from and search for it using the keywords and hopefully you'll locate it to see if it says whether needs a mesh, in which case it would likely link to it.  If you do believe it is your CC but can't figure out which file it is, then you can systematically delete files by sorting by Date Modified and deleting all files after a date at which you are fairly certain the problem did not exist....or just delete them all.

Message 3 of 3 (204 Views)