Re: Graphics card question

by magiconearth

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@roberta591 So found issue has nothing to do with my computer and its capability to run Sims 3. At some point I downloaded some bad custom content. I just did a factory reset and no lag on the interaction menu at all. Maybe my computer is lower end but for years I have played Sims with no issues whatsoever until just recently and the only issue I had was the lag in the interaction menu popping up.

Message 11 of 17 (353 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Since the lag is only for a certain sim, is there an obvious difference between that sims and another one. You said that you have some bad CC. Is there CC on that sim? You can run your game without CC by clicking Installed Content on The Sims3 Launcher. There is a box near the top right corner where you can play with or without CC. Sometime when your sim has a lot of items in their inventory they may lag more than usual. Have you tried to reset that sim?

Message 12 of 17 (343 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
It wasn't just one sim. No matter what sim I used to either click on another sim or click on themselves, the interaction menu took about 5-7 seconds to appear. I use a bunch of mods and cc but I had recently down loaded a bunch of cc at once. Right after that the lag in the pie menu occurred. I did try to run without cc or mods but the issue was still there. Tried resetting sims, whole town and deleting all inventories. I had the same sim family saved in an older game so I did a factory reset, repaired game in origin and then put that old save in and it worked. I have no cc installed at the moment so I'm going to add some in slowly and test to see.I have a feeling it came with some houses I downloaded.
Message 13 of 17 (329 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Did the sim recently age up? If the sim is a young adult you could age them up then cheat to bring them back to a young adult. If they are another age and if you would have done that, they could had a height issue.

Message 14 of 17 (320 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @magiconearth,

I'm glad to read you found the problem! Is everything working as it should now then? Standard smile

-Mai

Message 15 of 17 (310 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Mai yes it's working perfect. I started to get lag after a factory reset with no custom content but I swear that content is still somewhere saved. So I went back to my old file and deleted over 5gb of custom content from the launcher, deleted downloads folder, cleared caches, deleted .tmp files in DC cache. I kept some custom content, very minimal and kept my favorite mods. Game loads quick, saves wuick with no lag at all. I also dedicated 4gb ram to my game instead of 2gb.

My computer isn't top notch but it can certainly handle the game on high graphics. I went a bit crazy one day adding in custom houses and I'm believing that's where the problem lied.
Message 16 of 17 (1,444 Views)

EA app Team

@magiconearth Great to read it's loads quick and you have no lag anymore! I'm marking your post as the solution then, ok? This way other players can find this thread if they have the same issue and they will know how you fixed it without needing to read the whole thread.

In the future, you can mark the solution yourself by using the 'Accept as solution' button in your threads Wink

Enjoy your Sims! Standard smile

-Mai

Message 17 of 17 (289 Views)