Graphics card not recognised after Windows 10 update

by HolidayNowPlease

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Graphics card not recognised after Windows 10 update

★★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone 

The Sims 4 worked amazingly on my  new laptop.  Sadly, the curse of Windows 10 struck after 48 hours in.

It decided to restart the computer and begin an update, without telling me.  I guess a pop-up would have shown, but I couldn't see it, as I was in the middle of playing The Sims and the notification didn't appear.  I just got to the Secret Lab when the computer restarted, costing me to lose half hour of gameplay.

When the forced update was over (I cringed, because something always went wrong and my last machine after any updates), I started up the Sims.  

I immediately saw a warning, saying my graphics card was unrecognised and that the game may have performance issues.  The game still played fine.  Settings seem to be on the highest levels.  Restarting the machine myself and rebooting The Sims 4 did not show the message again.

The laptop advert says it has "Dedicated AMD RX560 4GB Graphics", so it should be compatible.  How do I tell whether the game is using the graphics card?

Thanks

Joe 

PS: I hate Windows 10.

Message 1 of 3 (175 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Graphics card not recognised after Windows 10 update

Message 2 of 3 (168 Views)

All Replies

Message 2 of 3 (169 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@kreatora Thank you Kreatora and @crinrict. I've checked Config.log which says the graphics card is recognised and supported. Unsure why the earlier warning said it wasn't, but so long as it's working!
Message 3 of 3 (157 Views)