Graphics Card Error after Patch?

by lhope1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Graphics Card Error after Patch?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same problem. It was running fine before the patch and now I cant launch it at all, I tried to repair the game but no luck. Anyone else have solutions? I don't want to suddenly be unable to play the game that was fine before.

Edit - posts moved from a similar thread in the Mac forum. error message was -

Unable to start:

Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed.

[0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:80010003:00000000]

- Bluebellflora

Message 1 of 9 (621 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Graphics Card Error after Patch?

★★ Novice

Yes it was the exact same message as @DavidJon77. I ended up updating my drivers and it started working again.

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (601 Views)

All Replies

@lhope1 

Are you experiencing the exact same issue as @DavidJon77 ? The error message they are receiving is quite specific. Or are you having another issue?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 9 (608 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes it was the exact same message as @DavidJon77. I ended up updating my drivers and it started working again.

Message 3 of 9 (602 Views)

@lhope1

How did you manage to update your drivers on a Mac? Do you have one of the older Macs with NVIDIA GPU?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 9 (599 Views)

★★ Novice

Oooh ok, I'm on a pc and when I googled the error message I was getting this thread came up, I didn't realise it was a mac thread. 

Strange that we both got the same error.

Message 5 of 9 (595 Views)

@lhope1

I think it is more common on Windows, not so much on a Mac as we get all updates from Apple in OS updates, hence my question.

I'm going to go ahead and split your posts into your own thread in the tech forum Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 9 (589 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Just a note on this:

On PCs, it's semi-common this issue occurs due to Windows 10 occasionally installing generic drivers upon performing an update. If you run into this issue after a Windows Update, make sure you locate the driver for your Graphics Card via the manufacturer's website; this can be a world of difference if the issue happens again.

Some manufacturers have their own automated driver updates (Nvidia, for example) which will prompt any time a new driver updates; make sure to keep up-to-date with them and double-check them if the issue resurfaces.

- B

Message 7 of 9 (573 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey, I was wondering what to do if updating video drivers didn't work?

I also uninstalled video drivers and reinstalled them and no joy, This all happened after I patched the game today from the February 4th update.

So sad 

(I'm hoping I don't have to uninstall the game and reinstall... such massive times involved)

Message 8 of 9 (496 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

It's might be best to open a new thead too so you have your own.

Makes troubleshooting this kind of issues easier

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (454 Views)